Windows 10: Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

Discus and support Is changing the default folder icon dangerous? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeteN27, Nov 28, 2018.

1. PeteN27 Win User

Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

Hi all!

I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own.

It works really well, but I would just like to know if this is in any way putting the contents of these folders at risk for corruption? Does changing the folder icon present any risk to the folder's contents? If something goes wrong, will I be unable to access the pictures, movies, etc. within?

Thanks

:)

PeteN27, Nov 28, 2018

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

1. Is changing the default folder icon dangerous? - Similar Threads - changing default folder

2. default folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default folder icon: hello! whenever i make a new folder, my folder default icon doesn't show but it only shows a white paper kind-of icon. i just want to ask how can i put back my default folder icon back? because i've been having a hard time changing it in each folder manually.from, chy....
  3. default folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default folder icon: hello! whenever i make a new folder, my folder default icon doesn't show but it only shows a white paper kind-of icon. i just want to ask how can i put back my default folder icon back? because i've been having a hard time changing it in each folder manually.from, chy....
  4. Battery show danger icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery show danger icon: When I plug in my usb-c for charging, but it shows image below, could you help me why it shows like that. Thank you! I use 65W charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-show-danger-icon/5381b399-c07e-4fd9-a6dd-50bda799dc8c
  5. Change default folder icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default folder icon: Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to change the icon of the yellow folder in explorer not only for one as you showed but for all the yellow folders in one action. thank you 169110
  6. Change folder icons by default?

Change folder icons by default?: Hello i have a server and i use because i have so many folders i have icons for the folders but when i access them on another pc there are only empty folders and i have to set them again i can save the icons https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/ordner-icons-standardmaessig-aendern
  7. Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View"

Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View": I was wondering if there was a way to change the size of "tiles" in Windows 10? Not the start menu tiles but the tiles that are displayed under the "View" option for files and folders. I'd only want to be doing this specifically for the "My PC" folder in file explorer as I...
  8. Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...
  9. Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail

Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail: Hello everyone *Smile I come with a question to which at this point I am not sure if there is an answer. Back when I had Windows 7 I used Stardock IconPackager to change the icons on my pc, included the ones of the thumbnailed folders, and it worked quite well. Since...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?

Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?: Hello, please help me figure this out, I would like to change default folder icon, but don't know how. I think it can be done with regedit, but I need a little help to navigate where and what to change, please help *Smile This icon appears when you open any folder....