Windows 10: Is Changing to High Definition Audio Device Safe?

Discus and support Is Changing to High Definition Audio Device Safe? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I change into High Definition Audio Device there is this error message. Is this safe for me to change? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bezvard, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Bezvard Win User

Is Changing to High Definition Audio Device Safe?

When I change into High Definition Audio Device there is this error message. Is this safe for me to change?

Is Changing to High Definition Audio Device Safe? 5b11e92b-c9e5-4fc3-a258-14cffbe0de65?upload=true.png

:)

Bezvard, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 15, 2018
  3. AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

John,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the sound playback device was greyed out again this morning and reads: "AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In".

Once again, uninstalling AMD High Definition Audio Device and deleting the driver in the Device Manager and rebooting brought the sound device back.

Any other ideas?

Nada Realname, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

High Definition Audio Device

Hi Kendrik,

Conflicts with the audio driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having an error code 10 (Device Unable to Start). For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.

Meanwhile, you can try to follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    thread
    that was provided by Rajesh Govind on November 18, 2013. This is for Windows 8.1 and will also work for Windows 10.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Is Changing to High Definition Audio Device Safe? - Similar Threads - Changing High Definition

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it safe or necessary to download High Definition Audio Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe or necessary to download High Definition Audio Device?: Whenever I go to my speaker properties, I do not see the enhancement tabs. A lot of people say to go to device manager, go to your speakers, and click update drivers, and click "browse my computer for drivers." Then click High Definition Audio Device. Is this safe and will it...
  6. Is it safe or necessary to download High Definition Audio Device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe or necessary to download High Definition Audio Device?: Whenever I go to my speaker properties, I do not see the enhancement tabs. A lot of people say to go to device manager, go to your speakers, and click update drivers, and click "browse my computer for drivers." Then click High Definition Audio Device. Is this safe and will it...
  7. MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device: Hi,I have got a Laptop from a friend of mine back in Oct 2021 an it did have windows 10 on it an the computer couldn't handle it so I was able to get it back to Windows 8.1 that's not the problem that I am having with the Laptop..I have got a MEDIA - High Definition Audio...
  8. High definition audio devices not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High definition audio devices not working.: I was listening to YouTube on my desktop and I decided that I was gonna plug the speakers instead of the headphones. I pulled out the pc to swap audio Jack and when I was putting it back it restarted, idk I thought the power cable must have temporarily disconnected. It turned...
  9. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  10. AMD High Definition Audio Device

AMD High Definition Audio Device: How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on 10/10/2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device/507b8744-66b7-4ac7-9421-ba39c3057bb1