Windows 10: Is connect app present in windows 10 version 2004

Discus and support Is connect app present in windows 10 version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use windows 10 version 1507, it doesn't have connect app. So would an upgrade to version 2004, finally install it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ilori_Gbenga, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Is connect app present in windows 10 version 2004

I use windows 10 version 1507, it doesn't have connect app. So would an upgrade to version 2004, finally install it?

:)

Ilori_Gbenga, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Connect app in version 2004

Is the connect app removed in latest version? I never used it but only reason I ask is saw some dead links in start menu for other user accounts on machine, something like oneconnextstring . I removed them by right click uninstall. When o compared the 2004 machine with 1909 machine I could see connect app missing. So was curious and hope I didn’t uninstall something vital

thanks

Scottyboy99, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Is connect app present in windows 10 version 2004

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

Is connect app present in windows 10 version 2004 [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

Thema:

Is connect app present in windows 10 version 2004

1. Is connect app present in windows 10 version 2004 - Similar Threads - connect app present

2. Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues: Since updating to Windows 10; ver 2004.... I have been experiencing ethernet connection issues. I cannot Roll back as the time has expired...and I think I updated in July. Ethernet Hardware is Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller At first when coming out of sleep the...
  3. Windows 10 Version 2004

Windows 10 Version 2004: Can you tell me when the October Update will be available to download. Because I have been having major problems with the version 2004 since it’s release. Right my HP Desktop PC I bought last year from Argos UK in July 2019. The Computer came shipped with the recovery...
  4. Windows 10 version 2004 Mail app Questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 version 2004 Mail app Questions: Let me start out by saying that I'm an Outlook user and decided to test Mail. I had no problem setting up my LIVE Mail account. 1. For my POP account in Outlook I supply the following: Your User name Email address Account type Incoming server out going server My logon...
  5. windows 10 version 2004

windows 10 version 2004: unable to update above version error code 0x800 703f1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004/cd86c5e4-4572-46d7-a485-047c3b65f0af
  6. Window 10 version 2004

Window 10 version 2004: I am attempting to install Windows 10 version 2004 update. My computer has install 77% of the update but has stayed at this point for over 5 hours. Should I turn off my computer and turn it back on, even though it says not to?...
  7. Windows 10 2004 version

Windows 10 2004 version: I hadn't upgrade windows 10 into windows 10 2004. I know it's still work fine. Unfortunately, I got this error for update version 2004. Should I stay windows 10 old version or update it? Hope you can fix this error.[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 version 2004

Windows 10 version 2004: I have over 890Gb of completely totally empty space. I have tried and failed to update to version 2004 twice. Storage space is not an issue. All that I want to do is update from Windows 10 version 1909 to Windows 10 version 2004. Now it doesn't even come up during manual...
  9. No Microsoft Connect app in windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Microsoft Connect app in windows 10 2004: After the 2004 update I realized that I don't have the Connect app anymore, any way that I can get that Connect app back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-microsoft-connect-app-in-windows-10-2004/6bbe5eda-21e7-4875-9003-75a319d404eb
  10. Connect app in version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect app in version 2004: Is the connect app removed in latest version? I never used it but only reason I ask is saw some dead links in start menu for other user accounts on machine, something like oneconnextstring . I removed them by right click uninstall. When o compared the 2004 machine with 1909...