Windows 10: Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?

Discus and support Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi! So I am running with Cortana for a half a year or so and it's an amazing experience, she is super helpful. But I ran into one little detail devs... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jan Kočvara, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?

Hi!

So I am running with Cortana for a half a year or so and it's an amazing experience, she is super helpful. But I ran into one little detail devs could fix add new Feature if there is not such a feature implemented already. I may be running old build.

Imagine that you are sitting on the bed, your PC is in another corner of room and you want to listen to some music. So you'll ask Cortana if she plays some music for me on Spotify. She find me music and start playing it. But I hear nothing. So I ask if she can set the volume higher and she does, but I still don't hear anything. "Oh wait, of course, I was using headphones before so the Audio Playback Device is set to Headphones, not Speakers." So I'll ask Cortana if she changes Audio Playback Device to Speakers but she doesn't know how to do it.

Well, she opens a Bing search for me. On the other hand, I think it's as hard as changing Volume.

Or is there any specific Command on how to ask her to change my Playback device, or maybe downloadable kit?

Thank you!

:)

Jan Kočvara, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 4, 2020
  3. spriggs Win User
    Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?

Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

Hi Alexander,

Please make sure that you've enabled the Listen to this device option for the Headset Earphone Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the speaker icon, then click
      Playback Devices.
    2. Right-click the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, then click
      Properties.
      Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device? 1a6f8db1-008a-4ef6-9d14-8fb78f446e24?upload=true.png
    3. Click the Listen tab and tick
      Listen to this device
      option.
    4. Click Apply, then
      OK

Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device? 654ac176-b0c4-43da-a916-aebe854d6fca?upload=true.png

Once done, please try to switch between your playback devices and see if you can now listen to the audio when you switch to your headset earphone.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?

1. Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device? - Similar Threads - Cortana able switch

2. Switch audio playback source with hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switch audio playback source with hotkey: Hey! Is there a way to hotkey switching audio source from one to the next? submitted by /u/figuz89 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k59b8k/switch_audio_playback_source_with_hotkey/
  3. Audio Playback Devices

Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  8. Glitch with audio playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  9. Playback device switch automation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playback device switch automation: How can I set my preferences to switch playback device if one is not available, then also if another device does become available (computer recognizes it as being on) then switch back. Hotkeys are ok too, Thanks! 91434
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...