Windows 10: Is Cortana App Required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly??...

Discus and support Is Cortana App Required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly??... in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello to all, Just wondering if on Windows 10 20H2 Pro 64 Bit, Is Cortana App required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly say like for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoelCraycroft001, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Is Cortana App Required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly??...

Hello to all, Just wondering if on Windows 10 20H2 Pro 64 Bit, Is Cortana App required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly say like for example to set the alarm under Alarms & Clocks App and then alarm sounds correctly at a specific time say like for example: Sunday at 10:28AM the alarm would normally sound if enabled and working correctly???.... Anyways, Thanks for listening and Have a wonderful day there as well..

:)

JoelCraycroft001, Jan 6, 2021
  2. SeanN Win User

Hidden / Phantom Alarm in Alarms & Clock App

Right now I've deleted all alarms in my Alarms & Clock app, but alarms still go off during the times of the deleted alarms (which were recurring alarms). Before I deleted the recurring alarms, I was seeing each alarm go off twice (one after another) - they
    must've been different alarms because one alarm was with the sound I selected while the other was the default sound.

Trying to remember what happened before all of this started...

1) I updated to 10586.29, everything was fine...

2) Then I went into the Cortana app and Cortana suggested adding a new (one time) alarm for an early morning appointment I had the next day (which my existing / recurring alarm would not be early enough for).

3) While trying to add the one time alarm I got an error (don't remember the error text).

4) Went back into the Cortana app to retry adding the one time alarm and was successful.

5) *I think* (memory is fuzzy) after this point when I went back into the Alarms & Clock app I only saw the one time alarm that I had just set, and the 3 pre-existing / recurring alarms I had were not listed.

6) Thinking the pre-existing alarms were really deleted, I went ahead and re-added them.

After that I noticed that I was getting duplicate alarms, and now that I've deleted all the alarms listed in the Alarms & Clock App, I'm getting "phantom" or "hidden" alarms that continually go off and I don't know how to turn them off / delete them (or
    better yet, have them show up in the Alarms & Clock App so I can manage them there).

Info:

Lumia 950

OS build: 10.0.10586.29

SeanN, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Alarms and Clock app not working in Windows 10

Certain features of the Alarms and Clock app are not working in Windows 10.

The main reason I use this app is for the Timer, which currently is not working.

• I cannot create a new timer.
    • I cannot remove the default timer that is there when the app is first run.
    • I cannot edit the default timer

I have read the " Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store" article and tried the following steps.

• Checking for updates.
    • Resetting the app.
    • Running the app troubleshooter

None of this has fixed the issue I am facing. The Alarm function of this app is also showing the exact same issues.

Please advise.

JimmyOrevich, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Is Cortana App Required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly??...

Windows Alarms & Clock app seems to update correctly in Windows Store but never really installs

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with Alarm and Clock app, try the below and check if it helps.

I would like to inform that, you need to close the Windows Store and other apps before executing
    the PowerShell command. Also, sign-out and sign-in before installing the apps from the store.
    I suggest you to take this as a precaution before performing the troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: To uninstall Alarm and Clock app
    follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key, type
      Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the command: “get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms* | remove-appxpackage” (Without quotes) on the
      PowerShell and hit Enter.
    This will uninstall the Alarm and Clock app and then you can reinstall the app from Windows Store. Before re-installing, I suggest you to perform
    Step 2 and proceed.

Step 2: Run
    WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and install the app.

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Is Cortana App Required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly??...

1. Is Cortana App Required for Alarms & Clocks App to function correctly??... - Similar Threads - Cortana App Required

2. Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App: Friends, I am looking to be able to add seconds to the world clocks for the "alarms and clock apps". Not sure if its possible? I know we are able to show the seconds in the SYSTEM clock by using the regedit function, now i would like to be able to have that same functionality...
  3. Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App: Friends, I am looking to be able to add seconds to the world clocks for the "alarms and clock apps". Not sure if its possible? I know we are able to show the seconds in the SYSTEM clock by using the regedit function, now i would like to be able to have that same functionality...
  4. Alarms and Clock app problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alarms and Clock app problem: After the latest Win 10 cumulative update KB5000802, the new Alarms and Clock app has multiple problems. The Timer and the Alarm functions do not work. For both, an error message pops up: "Something went wrong - restarting the device might help 0x-2143420155". Restarting...
  5. Alarms & Clock App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock App: Why did the Alarms & Clock app increase the size of the Timer displays? They are huge compared to before, I used to manage timers in a small window, but now I have to enlarge the app to full screen to see just 6 timers. All I want to see is the name of the timer, the...
  6. Alarms & Clock app not working (No sound)!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarms & Clock app not working (No sound)!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, it's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music...
  7. Windows Music Alarm Clock app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Music Alarm Clock app: Hello, I use the Music Alarm Clock app. I keep it up on my screen all the time to see the time of day. Today, it stopped functioning. The time of day is locked at 1:00 pm. I have reset the Music Alarm Clock app to no avail. Please help. Thank you, Richard...
  8. ALARM AND CLOCK app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ALARM AND CLOCK app: when I set alarms or timer they are not working and not have any notifications about them when their time expires but a whitish appearance of action center symbol is observed and once I opened nothing in that action center...
  9. "Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly

"Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly: As above, this app is not working correctly in that no sound is produced at alarm time or end of countdown. I have tried two fixes and neither worked. This one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps and this one:...
  10. Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App Problem.

Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App Problem.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is with Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App. I cannot set new alarms and new alarms are not showing up in Windows Alarm & Clock App and when I...