Windows 10: Is Cortana disabled with a local account?

Discus and support Is Cortana disabled with a local account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think that this has been asked before, but I still can't find an answer. I would prefer to use a local account, but unless I use my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cornishman, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Is Cortana disabled with a local account?

I think that this has been asked before, but I still can't find an answer.
    I would prefer to use a local account, but unless I use my Microsoft account I can't get Cortana to run.
    Is this right?

:)

Cornishman, Sep 20, 2015
  2. loki119 Win User

Local local area connection adapter is disabled

Hi I've tried all of it but its still doing it I re enable it but 10 to 15 mins later its shut back off again.

loki119, Sep 20, 2015
  3. loki119 Win User
    Local local area connection adapter is disabled

Hi! I've been having a problem with my Ethernet connection ever since I upgraded to windows 10 (from windows 7). Every now and then while browsing the internet or playing an online game my connection stops and when I run troubleshooting on it I'm told
    that the local area connection adapter was disabled. It restarts its and the internet comes back up, but some times not even 15 mins later it does it again and sometimes the troubleshooting gets stuck while resetting the adapter and I have to restart my computer (which brings
    the internet back online too).

loki119, Sep 20, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Is Cortana disabled with a local account?

From my understanding you need to use an MS account to have access to Cortana.

BunnyJ, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Is Cortana disabled with a local account? [​IMG]

- it doesn't work, even with a Microsoft Account..
    - is it not available in the UK...?
    - refuses to start on the PC, for some reason..

- it works fine on Windows 10 Mobile preview.. *Confused

BugMeister, Sep 20, 2015
  6. It is available, but I've just turned mine off because I want to use a local account.
    Not sure how you've got that message about the region not being supported?

Cornishman, Sep 20, 2015
  7. Have a look at your region settings in control panel:

Is Cortana disabled with a local account? [​IMG]

Cornishman, Sep 20, 2015
  8. Is Cortana disabled with a local account?

Cornishman, Sep 20, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 20, 2015
  10. - yep, all Location and Language settings are for English (UK)
    - Cortana still doesn't want to talk to me..
    - was it something I said..?? *Huh

- using build 10547..

BugMeister, Sep 20, 2015
  11. Is Cortana disabled with a local account? [​IMG]

- and then the trail goes cold.. *Banghead

BugMeister, Sep 20, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You really made her mad. *Wink

Brink, Sep 20, 2015
  13. Is Cortana disabled with a local account?

- there are inconsistencies showing everywhere..
    - anyone know how to correct this mess..??

BugMeister, Sep 20, 2015
  14. Try this:

Cornishman, Sep 20, 2015
  15. tried everything I can..

- it's a bit of a joke really..
    - I shall just have to do without Cortana on the PC..

- it really ought to be available as a set-up file
    - so that you could download and install it, with all of the correct settings in place..

- I'm half-expecting it to just start up as if by magic..
    - bonkers..!! *Confused

BugMeister, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Is Cortana disabled with a local account?

1. Is Cortana disabled with a local account? - Similar Threads - Cortana disabled local

2. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  3. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  4. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: Unless Microsoft can provide the kind of user interface that enables folks to STOP Cortana and STOP updating Defaults, it will be the last time I purchase a system with Windows; I will move to the superior OSes of some version of Linux. You folks should be ashamed and you...
  5. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana in WIndows 10? I don't use it. When I click on "end task" in the task manager, it does NOT stay off. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/1e6d20dd-06a1-4365-86cb-d11a28c89742
  6. Disable Cortana

Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  7. Hide/disable local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hide/disable local account: When I boot up my machine, I am prompted with a failed login attempt to what I think is a local account, as pictured below: [IMG] After clicking "OK", or waiting about 5-10 minutes, this will disappear, leaving me with the screen below: [IMG] At this point, I can tap...
  8. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  9. How to enable Cortana on a local account?

How to enable Cortana on a local account?: I've noticed that I need to switch the entire computer to a Microsoft account, just to use Cortana! Is there a way to use Cortana normally, but while keeping the local account? On Windows 8, I used to be able to sign in individually for each app, can I do the same thing for...
  10. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467