Windows 10: Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...

Discus and support Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It boggles my mind how this is still an issue.Been complaining and asking about this-2007, maybe 2008. Somehow this is still a thing.If I select more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...

It boggles my mind how this is still an issue.Been complaining and asking about this-2007, maybe 2008. Somehow this is still a thing.If I select more than one file and accidentally click when not on a file, all selected files. Now I have to select them again of I want to move files.Similarly, wen selecting a file, if my finger accidentally moves pointer when still in the selection process, all the files selected will be copied.I guess my question would be this, have these ever been features people actually used? Benefited from having this feature as how they take care of business in trying to

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Jan 23, 2022
  2. tcebob Win User

deselect hotkey

I'm thinking File Explorer (details view). Having selected all, shift-space deselects many -- but not all. I didn't find shift-space listed on any shortcut guide, so not sure whether that's a kink in my PC. Odd that there is no way to do that. Maybe an AutoHotkey macro?

tcebob, Jan 23, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 files/loders select all need help !!!

Hi, do you perhaps mean that once you have selected some items e.g. in a file explorer pane that left clicking in empty space in that pane doesn't deselect them?

If so, that works in the CU as ever.

If you mean something else, please give a step by step explanation. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...

Losing focus on windows, continues selecting/deselecting

Hi,

The Windows Error Reporting service is one of the vital software installed on a computer that captures software crash and data failure from your server. It is also enabled by default. We highly recommend that you don't disable it. With regard to your issue,
    we'd like to know what do you mean by "windows starts selecting then deselecting open windows". Can you also send us a screenshot of the issue?

Meanwhile, to prevent Windows from automatically updating your PC, you can defer upgrades. It will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features. The new Windows features won't be installed or downloaded for several months. Please be reminded that
    this option is only available for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education. To defer upgrades, follow these steps:

• From the Start menu, click on Settings.
    • Go to Update & security.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Check the box beside the Defer feature updates option.

We're looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...

1. Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used... - Similar Threads - deselecting files selected

2. When will someone burn you to the ground.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will someone burn you to the ground.: Hi,A question for Microsoft and anyone who sees this message, which no one will other than Microsoft as they censor everything.BUT:WHEN will someone unplug you and burn you to the ground Microsoft?.WHEN will you stop wrecking computers with every single windows update?WHEN...
  3. When will someone burn you to the ground.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will someone burn you to the ground.: Hi,A question for Microsoft and anyone who sees this message, which no one will other than Microsoft as they censor everything.BUT:WHEN will someone unplug you and burn you to the ground Microsoft?.WHEN will you stop wrecking computers with every single windows update?WHEN...
  4. When will someone burn you to the ground.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file: In those web prompts where it asks you to upload a file and a special file explorer pops up, I can't figure out a way to deselect files. Normally in file explorer CTRL + Space will deselect items. However in this special file explorer prompt nothing happens, and I can't get...
  6. Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...: It boggles my mind how this is still an issue.Been complaining and asking about this-2007, maybe 2008. Somehow this is still a thing.If I select more than one file and accidentally click when not on a file, all selected files. Now I have to select them again of I want to move...
  7. Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is deselecting files you selected when you click on open space a feature someone ever used...: It boggles my mind how this is still an issue.Been complaining and asking about this-2007, maybe 2008. Somehow this is still a thing.If I select more than one file and accidentally click when not on a file, all selected files. Now I have to select them again of I want to move...
  8. Have you ever used the “invert selection” function inside Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have you ever used the “invert selection” function inside Explorer?: I just discovered it myself View Poll submitted by /u/Grittou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/me4kth/have_you_ever_used_the_invert_selection_function/
  9. Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click: When I start my computer last icon of the desktop automatically selected. When i click on other icons only the last icon is opened. When i try to use the arrow keys to select desired icon/ file, it trips back to the last item. How do I solve this frustration? I bought the...
  10. Lightest Anti-Virus you ever used?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lightest Anti-Virus you ever used?: First of all, I know that no antivirus is 100% secure, and that the best protection is surfing smart. But I've been searching for this answer for a long time. Its a fact that most top tier anti-virus programs (Avast, Avira, AVG etc), be it free or paid offer decent...