Windows 10: Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...

Discus and support Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know if I could Disconnect my Hard Drive which was my primary boot drive until I bought an SSD, and then Install a fresh copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hamid Iqbal, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...

Hello,
    I would like to know if I could Disconnect my Hard Drive which was my primary boot drive until I bought an SSD,
    and then Install a fresh copy of windows on the SSD with a bootable USB drive while the hard drive is disconnected and then when the windows is set up and ready to go, I later connect my Hard drive which Still has the older copy of the windows and files that i don't want to lose and so I set the SSD as the priority boot device in the BIOS.

What I want to ask is after my SSD is the priority boot device and I have reconnected the Hard Drive Which is as a single partition in which there are separate folders containing the old C and D drives, can I then reconnect my Hard drive and will it show up as another drive with all its content or will I have to Create a new simple volume which Would result in me loosing my Data, so i would like to know if there is another method which will let me keep the old data and still show the Hard drive with its contentswhere i would later delete the C drive folder containing the old copy of windows on the Hard disk so that the SSD becomes the only storage device with windows on it in the new fresh copy of windows booted via the SSD and thus be able to keep my D drive From the old windows but now the old copy of windows on my computer.

I hope you understood my Question and the specific doubt that I have, and so would you help me to know the solution to this problem or should i like copy the D drive on to and external hard disk and then connect my SSD and then clone my windows to the SSD so that I don't Have any problems with formatting the Hard Drive after the cloning process is done, and then reinstall the cloned windows with the option of deleting all files and reinstalling it agian.

Although i would like to go with the first methodthat is if it is possible .

Thanking you in Advance

:)

Hamid Iqbal, Jul 19, 2020
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and... :)

dhdude, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...

1. Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and... - Similar Threads - Disconnecting Hard Drive

2. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  3. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  4. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10: I’ve seen several articles talking about to install Windows, but they didn’t quite have the same characteristics of what I have, so I just wanted to double-check before I mess something up.I’ve had this computer for several years, and Windows was originally installed on a...
  5. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10: I’ve seen several articles talking about to install Windows, but they didn’t quite have the same characteristics of what I have, so I just wanted to double-check before I mess something up.I’ve had this computer for several years, and Windows was originally installed on a...
  6. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

7. How to install a fresh copy of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install a fresh copy of Windows 10?: All attempts to upgrade my wife's HP Pavillion PC have failed. So I'm planning on installing a fresh copy using the link below. My question is, will the Windows licenses work, i.e., not be deleted in the process?...
  8. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  9. BSOD fresh install on new hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD fresh install on new hard drive: Hi, I have been getting the VERY FUN irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD after doing a fresh install on a brand new SSD. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the BSOD. Here are the files: DESKTOP-T065BLG-2018-12-17_131645_32.zip 123637
  10. Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD

Fresh install of Windows 10 to SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 couple years ago when MS offered to Windows 7 owner a free upgrade. Now I'm planning to install a SSD to my computer and have the OS boot from it. How do i do a fresh install to my SSD without the disc? Is there somewhere I can download Windows 10...