Windows 10: Is doing just on cumulative update a month ok??

Discus and support Is doing just on cumulative update a month ok?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there any reason that I should install all cumulative updates within one month? As long as the Patch Tuesday one is installed, isn't that enough??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by abacus, Sep 21, 2018.

1. abacus Win User

Is doing just on cumulative update a month ok??

Is there any reason that I should install all cumulative updates within one month? As long as the Patch Tuesday one is installed, isn't that enough??

:)

abacus, Sep 21, 2018
  2. RejZoR Win User

Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

True. Anyone remembers how long it took to update vanilla Windows 7 with all updates released just 6 months later. It took ages even on high end systems. Windows 10 with cumulative takes like few minutes a year after vanilla was released.

RejZoR, Sep 21, 2018
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

i think they had a special win7 updated edition in may... in fact i thought they were supposed to be going cumulative in may, i even saw such an update!

kn00tcn, Sep 21, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is doing just on cumulative update a month ok?? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Is doing just on cumulative update a month ok?? - Similar Threads - doing cumulative update

2. Windows monthly cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows monthly cumulative updates: Hi, my device has not been receiving Windows monthly updates for a couple of months. I am worried if the security of my device is in danger. Beside this case I cannot update any app through Microsoft Store.I will appreciate it if you help me out....
  3. Windows monthly cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows monthly cumulative updates: Hi, my device has not been receiving Windows monthly updates for a couple of months. I am worried if the security of my device is in danger. Beside this case I cannot update any app through Microsoft Store.I will appreciate it if you help me out....
  4. Are Microsoft Defender monthly Security Intelligence updates cumulative?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are Microsoft Defender monthly Security Intelligence updates cumulative?: hi,I'm managing a range of totally isolated Win10 Enterprise servers used in Industrial Control. I'm setting up manual patching, but I need to understand if to get fully up to date I need to run in every monthly patch since last many months or I can just use the latest...
  5. is the cumulative update KB5001649 ok to install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is the cumulative update KB5001649 ok to install?: Hey everyone i have a question has the windows update issues finaly been fixed? i heard a few days ago that people were having trouble installing the update with windows update. submitted by /u/Fake_JohnG [link] [comments]...
  6. Difference between monthly rollup and cumulative update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between monthly rollup and cumulative update?: I always got confused between monthly rollup and cumulative update. Can someone explain these two terms in details? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-monthly-rollup-and-cumulative/90c6ae53-6e3d-4fff-8fd6-ec8baf52e99c
  7. Cumulative Update For Windows Fails each month

Cumulative Update For Windows Fails each month: Hi I am having multiple issues with the Windows Update monthly cumulative update and am getting the message "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". I have previously created two threads, but unfortunately for both threads I only get responses within...
  8. Cumulative Update For Windows Fails each month

Cumulative Update For Windows Fails each month: Hi I am having multiple issues with the Windows Update monthly cumulative update. I have detailed the issues in another question, but unfortunately the Microsoft correspondent has given up answering the queries so I have had to create a new post. I will summarise the...
  9. Is doing just on cumulative update a month ok??

in Windows 10 Support
    Is doing just on cumulative update a month ok??: Is there any reason that I should install all cumulative updates within one month? As long as the Patch Tuesday one is installed, isn't that enough?? 118274
  10. Cannot install any cumulative update, other updates OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install any cumulative update, other updates OK: Hello! My test computer (specs follow) is stuck at build 10586.11 I cannot install any cumulative upgrade, they all fail and Windows Update undoes any change to the system. In order to be able to install any other update I have to use the show/hide tool to hide the...