Windows 10: Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?

Discus and support Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all. I can download the ISO image from the Microsoft website and use it on my computer. It will ask me for a product key, but will allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/braveheart7703, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?

Title says it all. I can download the ISO image from the Microsoft website and use it on my computer. It will ask me for a product key, but will allow me to skip it and use Win10 regularly, with some personalization restrictions. Microsoft won't be happy either, if they figure out.

Is it legal? And if not, does Microsoft try to crack down on it?

submitted by /u/braveheart7703
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/braveheart7703, Mar 25, 2020

2. Removing Illegal Key in Win10, will make win10 legal or not ?

So iam planning to Remove the Win10 Illegal Key in my old computer, and does by Removing the illegal key through cmd will make this Win10 Legal or not ? well i dont have money yet to buy it, and i want to not break the Legality aggreement. So does removing
    the key make it legal ?

anyway i got this win10 os from a non official website.

Thanks

Rafigibran, Mar 25, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Removing Illegal Key in Win10, will make win10 legal or not ?

Once the KMS software is removed, and the illegal product key, you can then add a legit key to make your window legal . . .

DaveM121, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?

Need product key for Win10 re-load

• Hi, I had to do a factory reset on my Toshiba laptop (multiple problems, black screening, etc.). I downloaded Win10 from MS site and have loaded it back on but product key required. I have no product key because the previous install was free upgrade from
      Win7 a few years ago.

Si and Jan Hoskins, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal?

1. Is downloading Win10 and not using a product key illegal? - Similar Threads - downloading Win10 using

2. Apologies for the illegal use of products

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Apologies for the illegal use of products: Hello . I am Ali Amani and I am 29 years old and I am from Iran and I have been using your products since I was a child. In the past, it was not possible for us to buy your products legally. I did not understand the concept of cracking and its illegality. Since I was a child...
  3. Apologies for the illegal use of products

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apologies for the illegal use of products: Hello . I am Ali Amani and I am 29 years old and I am from Iran and I have been using your products since I was a child. In the past, it was not possible for us to buy your products legally. I did not understand the concept of cracking and its illegality. Since I was a child...
  4. Apologies for the illegal use of products

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft products illegally used cracked

Microsoft products illegally used cracked: Literally all over the subcontinent, pakistan, india, etc, all products of microsoft i.e. windows, office are used illegally cracked. Why doesn't Microsoft take any step to stop this? This is so normal here in Pakistan. Literally all businesses run over cracked softwares...
  6. Microsoft products illegally used cracked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft products illegally used cracked: Literally all over the subcontinent, pakistan, india, etc, all products of microsoft i.e. windows, office are used illegally cracked. Why doesn't Microsoft take any step to stop this? This is so normal here in Pakistan. Literally all businesses run over cracked softwares...
  7. Microsoft products illegally used cracked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is MSDN product key illegal?

Is MSDN product key illegal?: Hello,Is MSDN product key which came with a workstation illegal? There are many workstations at office that came with Windows product key and it works normal. I have been told that you can't use it in a production environment at office, you need to buy a new product key for...
  9. product key illegable

product key illegable: can not read all of product on back of my laptop. what now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-illegable/524a499b-bd0b-4b21-875f-15c54902f6e5
  10. trusted admin illegal use, product key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trusted admin illegal use, product key: i received a dell computer as a gift with microsoft pro 10 i believe that person left himself as trusted admin and i saw my files wiped, isnt this illegal? what do i do? how do i find my product key to get into outlook?...