Windows 10: Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

Discus and support Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I thought I was calling Microsoft Security for help and was told that my computer was unprotected. I ended up buying a $700 three year full package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lee Jackson1, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

I thought I was calling Microsoft Security for help and was told that my computer was unprotected. I ended up buying a $700 three year full package from a company called ESecure Software Services llc. Are they legit? Is the product quality? What do they provide that Windows Defender doesn't do?

:)

Lee Jackson1, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 25, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Ditendra Win User

Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

This is obvious scam. Google employee would never call you.

"I just like to inform you that we are a legitimate company. Without your
    permission we cannot control your device because if we need to control your
    computer, we have to call you to run TeamViewer software, when you will
    share your Teamviewer ID & Password with us, then only it is possible for
    us to control your device with your permission. This is the way of a
    genuine company."

You need to remember that scammers are always trying to manipulate victims. This is their job. Of course they won't admit that they aren't legitimate or scammers. And them saying that they need your permission for remote controlling "to prove you that they're legitimate" is just another tactic of manipulation, so you think, "oh if they were scammers they wouldn't need my permission."

They are 100% scammers. You must be really very naive to not notice it. Anyway, all you need to do now is to block their number, put them in spam. They will probably try to call you again from the different numbers. Anytime they will call you, straightaway hangup. If they don't stop, I would suggest you to change your number. Also there is another way. I don't know if they were calling you to your smartphone or landline phone, but if it's a smartphone, then most smartphones have this ability where it blocks all unknown numbers automatically. I know it's not an ideal option, but it's the only thing to do if you don't want to change your phone number. For example my android phone has a feature to block calls from the strangers and also block calls from hidden numbers and even from contacts. Anyway, they somehow gained your personal information (number, email and etc)... And also remember, there are whole departments in the world that obtain, collect & then sell such information to scammers.

Next step after blocking and putting them in spam (& also report their emails to google) is to clean install of your windows if there's even a small suspicion that they had remote control of your computer. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. Format your disk and clean install Windows. After this change passwords of your important accounts & increase security as much as possible (very important to enable 2-step verification wherever you can).

And lastly, remember few golden rules:
    • Never give your credit card information to anyone! Even if God descends from the sky and asking your cc number.
    • Never make a transaction to some company you have not enough information, that has not reputation and name, in short in some shady companies and remember, even reviews can be faked and fabricated.
    • Never send money to strangers.
    • Never give strangers remote control of your computer.
    P.S. I suggest you to use password managers like Lastpass or Bitwarden, definitely use strong password and enable 2-step verification for them & also use strong and complex passwords (You can use this site for generating strong passwords: Strong Random Password Generator or you if you're using Chrome, it also can generate for you and also lastpass and bitwarden also have this ability).

Ditendra, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

1. Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate? - Similar Threads - ESecure software legitimate

2. Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?: I thought I was calling Microsoft Security for help and was told that my computer was unprotected. I ended up buying a $700 three year full package from a company called ESecure Software Services llc. Are they legit? Is the product quality? What do they provide that Windows...
  3. Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?: I thought I was calling Microsoft Security for help and was told that my computer was unprotected. I ended up buying a $700 three year full package from a company called ESecure Software Services llc. Are they legit? Is the product quality? What do they provide that Windows...
  4. windows legitimate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows legitimate: Few days ago my system crash and I need to put it on idle. I turned off the computer and do my own job. after several days I decided to perform a reset on my system after reset it took how many hours to complete. After that I got an error message that my Windows is not...
  5. windows legitimate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows legitimate: Few days ago my system crash and I need to put it on idle. I turned off the computer and do my own job. after several days I decided to perform a reset on my system after reset it took how many hours to complete. After that I got an error message that my Windows is not...
  6. windows legitimate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is this legitimate?

Is this legitimate?: I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit? Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 | UIN3862 Date: xxxx From: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> To: xxxx CC: Bulk...
  8. Are these sites legitimate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these sites legitimate?: Thinking of getting a copy of W10 and did a search is this fore real? Windows 10 Professional 32/64bit Download Seems to good to be true. 137287
  9. Legitimate email?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Legitimate email?: Today, I received an email saying "Thanks for ordering Defender Firewall" and a bill for $499.99. It gave me the telephone # (888) 619-9555 to call if I wnted to cancel this order. Is this legitimate? I don't recall ordering this!!!...
  10. Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation: I'm constantly running into problems installing new versions of Assimilate Scratch because of idiotic windows defender glitches. Sheer idiocy like not being able to run an installer, even in admin mode. This is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. Fix the piece of garbage...