Windows 10: Is file backup being phased out in windows 10?

Discus and support Is file backup being phased out in windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is file history being phased out in windows 10 updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KentBarlow1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Is file backup being phased out in windows 10?

Is file history being phased out in windows 10 updates?

:)

KentBarlow1, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Is file backup being phased out in windows 10?

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Is file backup being phased out in windows 10?

1. Is file backup being phased out in windows 10? - Similar Threads - file backup being

2. Notepad being phased out; why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad being phased out; why?: I finally let Microsoft win and upgraded to Windows 11. When I tried to open Notepad, I got a message saying Notepad will be removed in the future. Notepad is an essential part of Windows and I still use it regularly; what kind of decision is this? Is Microsoft trying to...
  3. Notepad being phased out; why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad being phased out; why?: I finally let Microsoft win and upgraded to Windows 11. When I tried to open Notepad, I got a message saying Notepad will be removed in the future. Notepad is an essential part of Windows and I still use it regularly; what kind of decision is this? Is Microsoft trying to...
  4. Phasing out X500-based security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phasing out X500-based security?: Hi.As many of you will know, everything based on X500-series is built on weirdly formatted flat text files. Those files use different numbers of spaces and carriage returns, among other things, as field delimiters. The schema is just weird, such that rather than having...
  5. Phasing out X500-based security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phasing out X500-based security?: Hi.As many of you will know, everything based on X500-series is built on weirdly formatted flat text files. Those files use different numbers of spaces and carriage returns, among other things, as field delimiters. The schema is just weird, such that rather than having...
  6. Windows backup / File History - being asked to choose folders?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup / File History - being asked to choose folders?: I was just about to use File History to back up my computer for the first time in two a half years. But under Settings > Backup Options, under the section "Back up these folders", I see about 30 folders that I don't remember choosing. I guess I've forgotten how File History...
  7. Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?: I was considering using this feature in Win 10, until I read a post saying that it is being deprecated I thought that I should check with the guys here before doing anything.*Wink 126426
  8. Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?: I was considering using this feature in Win 10, until I read a post saying that it is being deprecated I thought that I should check with the guys here before doing anything.*Wink 126426
  9. windows 10 being fazed out

windows 10 being fazed out: I see that windows 10 is being fazed out will there be a replacement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-being-fazed-out/8d51c5fd-6057-46fd-802f-58b796fe95a4
  10. is windows10 really phasing out backup/file history/sys.image???

is windows10 really phasing out backup/file history/sys.image???: There r a few posts about most/all backup options being phased out circulating here in the help forums. I have tried to contact the persons posting this but none has answered me yet. Can someone confirm or maybe site some articles about this?I would really appreciate some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 phased out