Windows 10: Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?

Discus and support Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was considering using this feature in Win 10, until I read a post saying that it is being deprecated I thought that I should check with the guys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by x509, Feb 1, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?

I was considering using this feature in Win 10, until I read a post saying that it is being deprecated

I thought that I should check with the guys here before doing anything.*Wink

:)

x509, Feb 1, 2019
  2. RusXM Win User

windows 10 deprecation list

Why is Windows 7 pre-installed game Internet Checkers not on the Deprecation List yet it is deleted by the upgrade to Windows 10?

RusXM, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Is File Backup in Win 10  being deprecated by M$? [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$? - Similar Threads - File Backup being

2. File History Backup Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup Win 10: I have read many articles over the last 10 years extolling the use of the built in Windows File History facility. Many years ago whilst using Windows 7 I became suspicious of its value as an effective file backup regime when I could not find a few files in the history backup....
  3. WIN-10 files, permissions and backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN-10 files, permissions and backups: I was forced to upgrade from 1607 to 1903 because my hard drive fried. The computer is loaded but my bat files wont run and I am trying to debug the problems. Most of my backups are done with ROBOCOPY. There are three versions that I have been running: an hourly or daily...
  4. Features being removed or deprecated in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Features being removed or deprecated in Windows 10 version 1903: Each version of Windows 10 adds new features and functionality; occasionally we also remove features and functionality, often because we've added a better option. Below are the details about the features and functionalities that we removed in Windows 10, version 1903. The...
  5. Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is File Backup in Win 10 being deprecated by M$?: I was considering using this feature in Win 10, until I read a post saying that it is being deprecated I thought that I should check with the guys here before doing anything.*Wink 126426
  6. Is file backup being phased out in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is file backup being phased out in windows 10?: Is file history being phased out in windows 10 updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-file-backup-being-phased-out-in-windows-10/ab1faf33-d7b4-44cc-84a0-650dea991f4c
  7. backup win 10

backup win 10: ok I am going to reset the pc and want to know how do I backup my all settings after reinstalling and how do I restore when needed 2.microsoft edge frequently creates problem of not loading any site why so? I restarted pc and it works why...
  8. Features being removed or deprecated in Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Features being removed or deprecated in Windows 10 version 1809: Each release of Windows 10 adds new features and functionality; we also occasionally remove features and functionality, usually because we've added a better option. Here are the details about the features and functionalities that we removed in Windows 10, version 1809. The...
  9. Win 10 Backup

Win 10 Backup: Using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7) on my Windows 10 System on my Lenovo Laptop, I received the error message. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Contacts. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)) Backup encountered a problem while backing...
  10. Deprecated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deprecated: Deprecated - please delete 36590