Windows 10: Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7 I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sfleury, Oct 18, 2018.

1. sfleury Win User

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

Hello
    I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7
    I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter did not work anymore (no driver available)
    I searched on the web and found an adapter by Startech - Their representative told me that it would be automatically recognized by Windows 10but in my case, it does not work
    After many searches on the Web, I'm not sure if this type of adapter is still supported by Windows 7*cry as the answers are multiple and confusing -
    What is the status of this technoloogy adnd how could I use this slides scanner ?

Thanks for any help !

:)

sfleury, Oct 18, 2018

2. IEEE 1394 (Firewire) external drive driver for Windows 10

Does anyone know of an IEEE 1394 (Firewire) external disk drive driver that will work with Windows 10?

volkswalkerson, Oct 18, 2018
  3. JMasno5 Win User
    After Windows 10 upgrade IEEE 1394 (firewire) gone

I upgraded my Dell notebook from Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro. I ran the comparability test before hand. There was no indication that I would lose the Firewire port.

I tried downloading a legacy driver. That did not work. In the Device manager I see "Other Devices - Unknown device" I assume that is the firewire port.

I tried adding it manually too.

Dell - Latitude E5420

I also noticed that the IEEE 1394 is gone in my Windows 10 desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 as well. My other desktop was a clean install of W 10 and the IEEE 1394 is present - VIA 1394 OHCI.

Please advise. Thanks.

JMasno5, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

After Windows 10 upgrade IEEE 1394 (firewire) gone

Hi,

Starting with Windows 7, we’ve been providing native support for a 1394 driver stack that is based on the Windows Driver Framework (WDF). And this driver stack supports the legacy 1394 (aka 1394a) and 1394b interfaces.

Refer the link below.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/us...standalone-legacy-1394-ohci-firewire-package/

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

1. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Firewire IEEE 1394

2. Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?: HiI trying to get some Digital8 video tapes from my Sony DCR TRV725E to my PC where i've installed a FireWire PCi interface.Microsoft ClimpChamp does not recognize the camera. I hear a 'ding' when connected and it shows up in the device manager and it also show up in...
  3. Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?: HiI trying to get some Digital8 video tapes from my Sony DCR TRV725E to my PC where i've installed a FireWire PCi interface.Microsoft ClimpChamp does not recognize the camera. I hear a 'ding' when connected and it shows up in the device manager and it also show up in...
  4. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  5. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  6. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version.

Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version.: I bought a Firewire card to operate my M-Audio Profire 610 sound card: https://www.hepsiburada.com/alfais-4680-pci-express-pci-e-firewire-kasa-ici-kart-p-HBV00000321EQ?magaza=Evaletim I have no idea whether this product is for the sound card. I am using the 2004 update...
  8. IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IEEE 1394 Laptop Instal: I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops....
  9. Firewire (1394) for Windows 10

Firewire (1394) for Windows 10: Buongiorno a tutti, Ho un problema , ho appena inserito la scheda Firewire. Ho windows 10. Sulla gestione dispositivi compare OHCI e ho installato il drive OHCI 1394 Legacy e aggiornato. Ma quando collego il cavo dalla telecamera SONY Videocamera digitale MiniDv...
  10. 1394 (Firewire) Driver

1394 (Firewire) Driver: I have a PCIe Firewire card installed in my desktop as my recording studio interface unit uses Firewire and USB 2.0 (MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid). My new desktop does not have a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel and the interface unit does not work well with USB 3.0 ports so I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IEEE1394 does windows 10 support it

2. does win 10 64 support firewire?

3. does windows 10 support firewire

4. is firewire 1394 still supported,
  5. ieee 1394,
  6. is firewire still,
  7. ieee 1394 does not work on windows 10