Windows 10: Is Folder redirection available in windows 10 without active directory or a Windows Server

Discus and support Is Folder redirection available in windows 10 without active directory or a Windows Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a client with Windows SBS and I am moving them to Windows 10. I do not need most of the features of a Windows server. The current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chuck Balogh, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Is Folder redirection available in windows 10 without active directory or a Windows Server

I have a client with Windows SBS and I am moving them to Windows 10. I do not need most of the features of a Windows server. The current configuration utilizes Folder Redirection on the SBS server and Windows 10 clients. Is Folder Redirection available if I use Window 10 Pro software on my file server.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Chuck Balogh, Jan 6, 2021

2. Microsoft Windows, server active directory

Does anyone know of a good "crash course" for learning the basics for Windows and server active directory?

I haven't done a whole lot of research on this yet however I figured I would ask the community first...............*Laugh :laugh: Yea I know, I am being lazy.

stinger608, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Is Folder redirection available in windows 10 without active directory or a Windows Server

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Is Folder redirection available in windows 10 without active directory or a Windows Server

1. Is Folder redirection available in windows 10 without active directory or a Windows Server - Similar Threads - Folder redirection available

2. Windows Server 2019 Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 Active directory: I have windows 2019 Active directory server on premises, and with the same domain name we have web hosting server hosted on AWS when we are trying to access website not able to open website in local network, if i change network it is accessible...
  3. Windows Server 2019 Active directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 Active directory: I have windows 2019 Active directory server on premises, and with the same domain name we have web hosting server hosted on AWS when we are trying to access website not able to open website in local network, if i change network it is accessible...
  4. Windows Server 2019 Active directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Folder redirection in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder redirection in Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I had a sample folder named CERTIFIED AUDIO SAMPLES then I changed it to CERTIFIED due to the long path error when I put some file in it. Problem is that I had some templates made with files within CERTIFIED AUDIO SAMPLES. Now everytime these templates are used the file...
  6. Folder Redirection, Windows 10, Server 2016 Major Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Redirection, Windows 10, Server 2016 Major Issue: A GPO of folder redirection was created a while ago and has been working fine. Until 2 month ago a user started experiencing a major problem. When the user places any file on the desktop or documents, the location disappears from sight and only comes back eventually after a...
  7. Activate Windows 10 without a product key available.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 without a product key available.: Can any tell me how to active my windows 10 without my product key. I have it over a year now and it is giving me a warning that it will expire soon....
  8. Windows 10 Folder Redirection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Folder Redirection: All, I have a client that previously had Folder Redirection turned on with Group Policy (without the setting to return files to Local once removed). The server they were redirected to no longer exists. When I look at the PCs I can see that Documents and Desktop settings for...
  9. Activation Server is not Available error during Windows 10 Activation

in Windows 10 News
    Activation Server is not Available error during Windows 10 Activation: [ATTACH] When validating your Windows Key, everything goes through the Activation Server on Microsoft. If there is a trouble connecting to that server, activating Windows will fail. There are a couple of errors when the Activation Server is not available. In [...] This post...
  10. Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers: Hi, I allow myself to come back to you because we have a problem with Windows 10 workstations Here is our problem: Windows 10 workstations generate traffic on our MPLS links which lead to a saturation of our links. This traffic is generated to our Active Directory...