Windows 10: Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

Discus and support Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tallman68, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Tallman68 Win User

Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there are a number of people on the internet doing the exact same thing. Is my free copy of Windows 10 a legal copy?

:)

Tallman68, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate? - Similar Threads - free upgrade still

2. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  3. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  5. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  6. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  8. Free upgrades are still free February 9

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrades are still free February 9: A tale of two laptops - wife's laptop, licensed on Windows 10 Home only and spare laptop, previously licensed on both Windows 10 Home and Pro. Laptops are different manufacturers and models. Wife's laptop needed repair, so moved her hard drive to spare laptop. As expected,...
  9. I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade: Brink , I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade, What are your suggestions for me , before this offer expires ? No more than I know how to keep from facing issues later . 53146
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024