Windows 10: Is google chrome.lnk a virus and should be removed?

Discus and support Is google chrome.lnk a virus and should be removed? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is Google chrome. lnk a virus as described by some sites,and should it be removed?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by whispering smith, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Is google chrome.lnk a virus and should be removed?

Is Google chrome. lnk a virus as described by some sites,and should it be removed?

:)

whispering smith, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Is google chrome.lnk a virus and should be removed?

Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Is google chrome.lnk a virus and should be removed?

1. Is google chrome.lnk a virus and should be removed? - Similar Threads - google chrome lnk

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  4. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I remove the Yahoo browser virus that is on my google chrome.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the Yahoo browser virus that is on my google chrome.: I have a Yahoo browser virus that is on my Google Chrome. I removed it from the search engine settings and it is still there. I need help! If possible respond to my Gmail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or my phone number 727-288-3105...
  6. Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification

Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification: I accidentally clicked on the notification and now i think i might have a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-virus-detected-notification/b03d828b-d41a-40d4-bef6-163816a590d6
  7. Virus Notifications on Google Chrome

Virus Notifications on Google Chrome: I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications. The notifications contained misspellings, and clearly seemed like a scam, trying to gain information about me. I disabled the...
  8. .lnk virus

.lnk virus: How do I remove this for good? it keeps comming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/lnk-virus/ac0f9ab4-62b3-4b1a-b22c-3017ecb76299
  9. remove google chrome

remove google chrome: remove chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-google-chrome/86cefee1-d340-445c-9c1c-507b5afee04e"
  10. Is My Google Chrome Affected By Malware Or Virus ?

Is My Google Chrome Affected By Malware Or Virus ?: I am using Malwarebytes Premium. Every time I Connect To Internet A Notification Shows That " Website Blocked Due To Fraud " From Malwarebytes. I Added A Screenshot For Details. So What To Do With Chrome. Please Reply Me. [ATTACH]...