Windows 10: is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I download Windows media creator tool - run it - accepted terms - and got to point of two options UPGRADE this PC now Create media(DVD, USB stick,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lse123, Dec 27, 2019.

1. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I download Windows media creator tool - run it - accepted terms - and got to point of two options

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

Is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???
    Or to see any problems with hardware --- I have to proceed more??? with UPGRADE this PC now

Can use a DVD DL created with ISO [win 10 64-bit] in Summer 2019 [1903] to upgrade the Win 7 PC, rather await download all windows 10 instantly from old slow win 7 PC????
    After inserted DVD DL with 1903To DVD drive of the Windows 7 PC, And this has a hardware component that's not compatible with win 10, Before start update I will get noticed the problem from Microsoft windows diagnostics of the 1903 DVD, and will can Not proceed till fix problems e.g. upgrade graphics card...?

:)

lse123, Dec 27, 2019
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 27, 2019
  4. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

1. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - hardware upgrade

2. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  3. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  4. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11: I have a full retail copy of Win 10 on a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, but my hardware fails the compatibility check due to a 7th gen Intel CPU, despite the fact that it runs at 4.5 GHz. I am looking to buy a new motherboard and CPU and will install my...
  6. Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11

Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11: I have a full retail copy of Win 10 on a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, but my hardware fails the compatibility check due to a 7th gen Intel CPU, despite the fact that it runs at 4.5 GHz. I am looking to buy a new motherboard and CPU and will install my...
  7. Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11

8. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  9. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  10. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...