Windows 10: Is having this many of the same driver a problem?

Discus and support Is having this many of the same driver a problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iFeedPigzPork [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iFeedPigzPork, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Is having this many of the same driver a problem?

/u/iFeedPigzPork, Jan 8, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, Jan 8, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 8, 2021
  4. dmccoy Win User

Is having this many of the same driver a problem?

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Is having this many of the same driver a problem?

1. Is having this many of the same driver a problem? - Similar Threads - having many same

2. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many problems with windows I'm having.: Hello! I have many problems with windows lately. My device is unable to do tasks and cant open them. All problems include:.resetting pc both including and not including files being deleted.My Microsoft store not showing.Apps unable to open apps include all Microsoft apps...
  3. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Many problems with windows I'm having.: Hello! I have many problems with windows lately. My device is unable to do tasks and cant open them. All problems include:.resetting pc both including and not including files being deleted.My Microsoft store not showing.Apps unable to open apps include all Microsoft apps...
  4. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I suddenly have many duplicate photos with same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I suddenly have many duplicate photos with same name: I suddenly have many duplicate photos with same exact name and I am afraid if I manually delete them THOUSANDS!, the next time I restart the computer, both will be gone. Is this possible? I can't afford to lose these....
  6. I suddenly have many duplicate photos with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I suddenly have many duplicate photos with same name: I suddenly have many duplicate photos with same exact name and I am afraid if I manually delete them THOUSANDS!, the next time I restart the computer, both will be gone. Is this possible? I can't afford to lose these....
  7. I have the same problem as GreatScotsman

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have the same problem as GreatScotsman: This is the first time I have posted to this Community. Great Scotsman posted below, I have the same problem in Windows email which has a redirect from a webmail account which doesn't have the same problem when the attachment is opened directly. It does not seem to be a...
  8. My apps are missing and many people have the same issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My apps are missing and many people have the same issue: I have a asus notebook and I did a full reset and half of my apps are missing. I contacted asus and they said it is a microsoft problem. I can't do anything with this notebook. I try to download apps off of the microsoft website and nothing downloads. I am being blocked....
  9. Computer having many strange problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer having many strange problems: Hi, I've been having a lot of strange problems ever since I got my new computer back in January.At first I brushed off these problems since I thought I was either overthinking or mis-imagining the problems but in recent months they have gotten worse and worse.Firstly, I have...
  10. I've been having many MANY problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've been having many MANY problems.: In august, I had gotten a new laptop, the ASUS TUF GAMING A15, its runs fast and looks good! but since i got it I have been having many many problems with it constantly blue screening and freezing, it started in nov when I had gotten A DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, i didn't...