Windows 10: Is Homegroup available on windows 10

Discus and support Is Homegroup available on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is Homegroup available on windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terraeno, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Terraeno Win User

Is Homegroup available on windows 10

Is Homegroup available on windows 10?

:)

Terraeno, Aug 17, 2019

2. No other homegroup PCs are available right now

We have setup a Homegroup on Computer1 and are trying to join it with Computer2.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > HomeGroup.
    2. Click Join now.
    3. In the Join a Homegroup Wizard, type the password.
    4. Click Next then Finish.
    5. Close the Control Panel and open File Explorer.
    6. In the Navigation Panel, click Homegroup.
    7. Wait about 1 minute while a "Working on it..." message displays.
    8. See the following message:

No other homegroup PCs are available right now.

Make sure that:

• The other homegroup PCs are awake and connected to the network.
    • All the PCs in your homegroup have sharing turned on.
    • The other homegroup PCs have the current homegroup password.
    • Other people in your homegroup are sharing libraries with the homegroup.

We have made sure that all of the above criteria are true.

Shaun Luttin, Aug 17, 2019
  3. No other homegroup PCs are available right now

The Fix

Create a brand new homegroup, because the existing one was corrupted.

Steps

On both computers:

1. Leave the homegroup.
    2. Delete everything inside C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
    3. Turn off the computer.

Now that both computers are off:

1. Turn on one computer.
    2. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Homegroup.
    3. Click the "Create a homegroup" button and follow the steps.

Is Homegroup available on windows 10 kOR7j.png

Now that you have a new homegroup:

1. Turn on the second computer.
    2. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Homegroup.
    3. Click the "Join now" button and follow the steps.

Is Homegroup available on windows 10 k7Dl0.png

Notes

• If you do not see the "Create a homegroup" button, then this process is not working and you will need to try something else.
    • This process also works to delete (and recreate) a homegroup that contains computers that you no longer have.

Shaun Luttin, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Is Homegroup available on windows 10

HomeGroup sharing stability

Thanks for updating us on the result of recreating the homegroup network. SInce the issue is still occurring, we suggest that you follow the steps below to run the automated homegroup troubleshooter available in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + X to open the quick link menu and from the list of options select
      Control Panel.
    • Once Control Panel is open, select Network and Internet
      from the options provided.
    • Under Network and Internet select the option HomeGroup and then on the lower portion look for the option labeled " Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter".
    The automated troubleshooter will detect errors within the homegroup and attempt to automatically correct any error that can cause the homegroup network to not function as intended.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Is Homegroup available on windows 10

1. Is Homegroup available on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Homegroup available

2. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  3. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  4. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  5. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  6. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

7. Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...

Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...: I get an error code, 2147500037 when searching for the solution to the Homegroup not working as designed. It worked fine for years and then stopped a few weeks ago. The computers work fine, but there is no access to the libraries of files videos and photos on the main...
  8. Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with...

Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with...: As the subject line suggests, this is a real goof! Will "Homegroup" ever be reinstated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-a-valued-feature-of-windows-is-now-not/83d14e0b-f94d-4304-ae1d-6eb0b91209ef
  9. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...: In windows 7 I used homegroup to connect to one single network, thereby having easy access between computers. In Windows 10 this is no longer available! Having tried for the past month or so to connect my computers, I am seriously considering reverting to Windows 7, unless...
  10. How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?

How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?: Just updated to latest insider build. I have a desktop that acts as a server to my laptop connected to TV. Latest insider build no longer has Homegroup. Is there a work around ? 102272