Windows 10: Is Hyper-V needed on a Win10 Home system?

Discus and support Is Hyper-V needed on a Win10 Home system? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a manual for a product I have and it came as a VM Database which until a few months ago, worked as expected. Then, perhaps following a Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by l_turn9, May 9, 2021.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Is Hyper-V needed on a Win10 Home system?

I bought a manual for a product I have and it came as a VM Database which until a few months ago, worked as expected. Then, perhaps following a Win update when launched, I would get a msg saying VM is not compatible with HYPER_V and it would shut down the launch. I have seen documentation saying Hyper-V is not available on W10 Home. I have looked at some settings such as admin tools\component Services\services\HV Host and the 9 line items following are all Manually triggered. Only Hyper Host is active following a reboot. They are all Hyper-V services

:)

l_turn9, May 9, 2021

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 9, 2021
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Is Hyper-V needed on a Win10 Home system?

1. Is Hyper-V needed on a Win10 Home system? - Similar Threads - Hyper needed Win10

2. Hyper-V and Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V and Win10 Home: Hello - I need to use VMWare to access a database I have, but when I launch VM it tells me VM is not compatible with W10Home. When I first bought the database it came with VMWare and worked as instructed. I started getting an error when I launch VM and it will not open...
  3. Hyper-V on Home Edition

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V on Home Edition: i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867 Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in System Infornation I see this: [img] and in Windows Features this: [img] and when I start Disk Management I read for a moment:...
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10

No audio in Hyper-V - Win10 VM on Win10: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, using Hyper-V, with a VM that is running Windows 10. I've already read Overview: Client Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 8.1 and Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode - Turn On or Off (referred to in several other related articles) and neither...
  6. Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session

Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session: As most users will be aware, one restriction in Hyper-V is that you can only run 10 Home in a Hyper-V virtual machine as a basic session (as it does not have RDP server capability), and cannot then get sound. To date, I have had to use VMWare to play Home VMs and get...
  7. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...
  8. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
  9. Hyper-V & Win10 #2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10 #2: Is there a way to create a Desktop shortcut to the Hyper-V Windows 10 Client so when I double click it I launch Windows 10 under Hyper-V? I've seen suggestions for Powershell and VB scripts, none of which I could get to work. 2338
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...