Windows 10: Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible?

Discus and support Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi good day, I recently got Dolby audio premium sound drivers installed on my PC, it works fine and I'm in love with it but it also installs on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Esen4, May 28, 2020.

1. Esen4 Win User

Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible?

Hi good day, I recently got Dolby audio premium sound drivers installed on my PC, it works fine and I'm in love with it but it also installs on my microphone, and it has reduced the sound quality of my microphone and has fewer options in the windows advanced properties. The previous driver I had Realtek High Definition Audio worked well with the microphone. So I am wondering is there a way to have two audio drivers on one device as my Microphone and Audio output are from the same sound card.

Windows Build:(18363.836)

:)

Esen4, May 28, 2020
  2. Dacur Win User

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, May 28, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Audio Device

Hi Mohammed,

No Audio Output Device can be cause by outdated sound drivers or corrupted sound drivers.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we suggest following the steps below:

• Run the troubleshooter on this link.
    • If the issue still persists after running the troubleshooter, click on the
      dropdown arrow and follow the steps on the article.
      Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible? 9ab17df0-48ce-41ff-b651-b79318768141.png

Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, May 28, 2020
  4. Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible?

Problem installing the driver software for my audio device: 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' device problem

Thank you very much for your help. I did finally find the solution that worked for me.

I used solution #3 on this Windows help page. See below.

Fix sound problems

Try these steps ( ):

• Open Start, enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under
      Sound, video, and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the
      Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

• If those steps didn't work, try uninstalling your audio driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

• If that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in
      Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver >
      Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software
      > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select
      High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.
    Still need help? Connect with a Microsoft Answer Tech

AllenCollis, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible?

1. Is installing two sound drivers on one audio device possible? - Similar Threads - installing sound drivers

2. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo: My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen using Window 10. The original audio driver is IntelR Display Audio with device status: "This device is working properly" in properties. However, there is "no output/input device found" in the sound settings and the headphone jack...
  3. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo: My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen using Window 10. The original audio driver is IntelR Display Audio with device status: "This device is working properly" in properties. However, there is "no output/input device found" in the sound settings and the headphone jack...
  4. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  5. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  6. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  7. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  8. Cannot run two sounds in one on a bluetooth device.

Cannot run two sounds in one on a bluetooth device.: Hey there I just got new earbuds, and it seems as if im not able to multitask with it, for eg. if i use google meet, then at the same time im not able to hear the sound of netflix or youtube. I have: Windows 10 64-bit Earbuds : Wecool Moonwalk M1 Browser : Edge or any...
  9. Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card: Hey, I don't know exactly how to describe this for a title, and I'm not getting much on google. I have head phones and speakers that I sometimes switch between depending on what I'm doing at my desk. I used to have 2 sound card (on board and an AGP dedicated sound card),...
  10. Is Installing Two sound drivers on one audio device possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Installing Two sound drivers on one audio device possible?: I recently installed Dolby audio premium sound drivers and the application onto my PC. It works fine but the issue is it replaces my original sound driver for my microphones as well and the Dolby audio premium sound drivers lack adaptability and quality for microphones so it...