Windows 10: Is Instant Live Helps a scam?

Discus and support Is Instant Live Helps a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC locked up and audio warning that Trojan had infected it; need to call Microsoft "Instant Live Helps" and "Alice" said my PC had been compromised;... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by K MacF, Nov 24, 2022.

1. K MacF Win User

Is Instant Live Helps a scam?

My PC locked up and audio warning that Trojan had infected it; need to call Microsoft "Instant Live Helps" and "Alice" said my PC had been compromised; asked for access to show me. Said PC not infect, but network and 11 devices connected to it. She then asked for $399 to fix it. I shut off the computer and hung up. Has anyone else had this happen? It appears that the name "Instant Live Helps" is a play on "Instant Live Help" which is Microsofts' name. Is my PC compromised since I allowed her in via the allow access?

:)

K MacF, Nov 24, 2022

2. Instant Live Help

Is Instant Live Help legit or a scam?

Barbara Avery, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Is Instant Live Helps a scam? - Similar Threads - Instant Live Helps

2. SCAM HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCAM HELP: Our laptop was locked up. DEFENDER Windows Security call 1-833-318-2563 for windows support to unlock. I called, not thinking, and assumed I was talking to a Microsoft person, even asked that question, got an affirmative. Let him walk me into "Ultraview" after he said there...
  3. SCAM HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCAM HELP: Our laptop was locked up. DEFENDER Windows Security call 1-833-318-2563 for windows support to unlock. I called, not thinking, and assumed I was talking to a Microsoft person, even asked that question, got an affirmative. Let him walk me into "Ultraview" after he said there...
  4. Instant Live Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Instant Live Help: Is Instant Live Help legit or a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instant-live-help/b2560e4f-365d-4378-a052-6351624da201
  5. Instant Live Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Instant Live Help: Is Instant Live Help legit or a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instant-live-help/b2560e4f-365d-4378-a052-6351624da201
  6. Instant Live Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. help with possible scam

help with possible scam: I clicked on a link on the internet and a popup came up on the screen warning me that a trojan had attacked my computer and to contact microsoft and gave a phone number. i couldnt clear the screen so i rang. A technician from microsoft said i had to download support client...
  8. Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!

Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!: Hi, I see this topic on the web. I recive a call like this just now. I realized this was a bad thing. I'm save. The aim of the messague is to nocite you, to help the community. The call tel. number was 0035805534995 Regards...
  9. Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed: It would be most helpful for Microsoft to revisit this function that allows users the ability to live search as it would greatly improve productivity while using windows. If this is not an option can you recommend a 3rd party application that would replace Microsoft file...
  10. PHONE SCAM HELP

PHONE SCAM HELP: My friend gets this scam [think] saying your security support is closing & you will be open to viruses, a woman recording & she gives a # [bet then they charge $$$$ for just calling? Also, maybe not USA too] & she is def but can hear a little with her c. implant. But she does...