Windows 10: Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?

Discus and support Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Let's say I have 3 Disks in my desktop. Disk 1 Windows 10 with Config A Disk 2 Windows 10 with Config B Disk 3 Windows 10 with Config C So basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xuzo, Nov 23, 2018.

1. xuzo Win User

Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?

Let's say I have 3 Disks in my desktop.

Disk 1 Windows 10 with Config A
    Disk 2 Windows 10 with Config B
    Disk 3 Windows 10 with Config C

So basically my PC will have 3 boot managers.

Now I can set the boot sequence to say Disk 2 , form he bios.

Now of course, after saving and exiting the bio, PC will start with Disk 2.

But will it stay that way?

Right now I have main disk with windows 10, and another disk from a laptop with Windows 10, and boot order and sequence keeps getting mixed up with blue screens...

Is it normal for motherboard to "forget" boot sequence on restarts even after I set them up manually?

:)

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?

Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

Your suggestion did not work under the version of Windows 10 I am using. Trying to upgrade to latest version of windows 10, but it fails to install due to a mismatch in a system configuration not described.

I used "Safe Mode" to scan for viruses and malware but found none. After safe mode I cannot reset the boot so that Windows will revert back to NORMAL mode. Never had this problem before. Followed several suggestions. None worked.

HELP.

Gene Truelove, Software Engineer at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 919-795-3053/919-552-3180

NanetteTruelove, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?

1. Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup? - Similar Threads - normal motherboard forget

2. Boot Sequence Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Sequence Problem: So i've been setting up the boot sequence every time giving Kali Linux Boot USB highest priority, but it always boots as Windows Boot Manager, not allowing the setup of the Linux to initiate. I have created the Boot USB by Rufus, and works but still booting The USB always...
  3. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  4. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  5. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Boot sequence hangs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot sequence hangs.: I shut down the PC in the evening using the menu option. When I start the PC next day the disk lamp lights up for some few second but then it hangs. I can see the boot screen but not any rotating dots. If i do a hard power down hold the power button wait some ten seconds...
  7. Modify boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modify boot sequence: Hello I have a problem with my Acer laptop,I want to reinstall my windows but I can t change my boot sequence because I have a BIOS password,I did not put the password I bought it from a store like this.When I got the laptop I could install it because it came blank with no...
  8. Monitor not starting on startup sequence

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Monitor not starting on startup sequence: When I turn my desktop PC (Dell XPS-8920, running Win10 Pro) the monitor appears to turn on, but then won't bring up the login screen; screen appears to be dark. If I cycle power to the monitor (HP 23tm Touch Monitor) the screen recovers and I can complete the login...
  9. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  10. Are these motherboard temps normal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are these motherboard temps normal?: It's an old MSI MS-7525 Boston board and while running a pretty old game (the classic CS 1.6), Steam, YouTube playing some music in the background and Speccy because I monitor my temps, the motherboard reached 60 C, the number in Speccy even became red (It could've been even...