Windows 10: Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey

Discus and support Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I often use alt + printscreen to take a screenshot of the "active window". I would like to be able to do this without removing my hand from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr_Atylis, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Dr_Atylis Win User

Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey

Hi All,

I often use alt + printscreen to take a screenshot of the "active window". I would like to be able to do this without removing my hand from the mouse. Is there any way to accomplish this through windows 10 settings?

I'm also aware there are other shortcuts for different kinds of functionality. Like winkey + shift + s for an area drag type screenshot. However, I specifically need to be able to change the setting for the active window style of screenshot.

I've already seen some suggestions for 3rd party apps but I would prefer not to have to go that route.

Thanks!

:)

Dr_Atylis, Dec 2, 2019
  2. digibucc Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

sharpkeys

it also works with media keys, such as mute. idk about mute mic specifically, but it's possible.

are you sure Vent doesn't have a hotkey for it? like ctrl+shift+something? just assign that macro to a key in sharpkeys.

digibucc, Dec 2, 2019
  3. How to receive the list of all global hotkeys in Windows 10?

Similar question on Software Recommendation. Whether there are programs which show all to global hotkeys in system? I establish hotkeys for the programs installed by me, but these hotkeys don't work. I want to look, what programs or system use these hotkeys and, perhaps, to change them.

For example, I use plugin Keymaps for Sublime Text 3. It shows, what hotkeys are established in Sublime Text 3.

Default hotkeys:

Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey [​IMG]

Plugins:

User's hotkeys:

Whether it is also possible to look in Windows 10, what global hotkeys are already used and than? Thanks.

SashaChernykh, Dec 2, 2019
  4. spud107 Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

may be possible using eventghost, http://www.eventghost.org/ it has a keyboard hotkey plugin and a sound mixer plugin, so can be configured to mute mic off on i guess.
    theres also autohotkey, but i havent used it.

spud107, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey - Similar Threads - possible change screenshooter

2. Screenshooter virus removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshooter virus removal: I want to ask something, so my pc is infected by a virus maybe it was Trojan spyware because I saw the name on Kaspersky rescue disk it was fileless virus. oh yeah I did a run on Tron script and that worked only 2 days before my laptop get infected again. but that did...
  3. Screenshooter virus removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshooter virus removal: I want to ask something, so my pc is infected by a virus maybe it was Trojan spyware because I saw the name on Kaspersky rescue disk it was fileless virus. oh yeah I did a run on Tron script and that worked only 2 days before my laptop get infected again. but that did...
  4. Screenshooter virus removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  6. Hotkeys for changing the language

Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  7. Changing Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Hotkeys: Hi, I'm fairly new to Windows as I just switched over from Macs, and I was wondering if it was possible to switch/change hotkeys. From what I've seen and researched, modifying hotkeys only works for certain keyboards. I'm using a Logitech k400 wireless keyboard and I...
  8. Accidental hotkey change

Accidental hotkey change: Hi, Yesterday I accidentally changed my alt key to do what the windows key does I don't even know how the hell that happened but it did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-hotkey-change/23020ced-17a6-4547-b690-fc6166a7085c
  9. Hotkey change

Hotkey change: I seem to have accidentally changed some hotkey so that entering "shift + s" brings up a screen snipping tool. This is extremely obnoxious when I want to type a capital S; I have to stop what I'm doing, hit escape to exit the snip tool, and then use caps lock to do it. Anyone...
  10. Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys

Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys: I am using the Mail app in Windows 10 and it is frustrating when while composing an email I press Alt+S and the email gets sent. I would like to disable the Alt+S keys for sending email and the also rather dangerous Ctrl+D (which I found out by tragic accident) deletes an...