Windows 10: Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey

Discus and support Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I often use alt + printscreen to take a screenshot of the "active window". I would like to be able to do this without removing my hand from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr_Atylis, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Dr_Atylis Win User

Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey

Hi All,

I often use alt + printscreen to take a screenshot of the "active window". I would like to be able to do this without removing my hand from the mouse. Is there any way to accomplish this through windows 10 settings?

I'm also aware there are other shortcuts for different kinds of functionality. Like winkey + shift + s for an area drag type screenshot. However, I specifically need to be able to change the setting for the active window style of screenshot.

I've already seen some suggestions for 3rd party apps but I would prefer not to have to go that route.

Thanks!

:)

Dr_Atylis, Dec 2, 2019
  2. digibucc Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

sharpkeys

it also works with media keys, such as mute. idk about mute mic specifically, but it's possible.

are you sure Vent doesn't have a hotkey for it? like ctrl+shift+something? just assign that macro to a key in sharpkeys.

digibucc, Dec 2, 2019
  3. How to receive the list of all global hotkeys in Windows 10?

Similar question on Software Recommendation. Whether there are programs which show all to global hotkeys in system? I establish hotkeys for the programs installed by me, but these hotkeys don't work. I want to look, what programs or system use these hotkeys and, perhaps, to change them.

For example, I use plugin Keymaps for Sublime Text 3. It shows, what hotkeys are established in Sublime Text 3.

Default hotkeys:

Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey [​IMG]

Plugins:

User's hotkeys:

Whether it is also possible to look in Windows 10, what global hotkeys are already used and than? Thanks.

SashaChernykh, Dec 2, 2019
  4. spud107 Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

may be possible using eventghost, http://www.eventghost.org/ it has a keyboard hotkey plugin and a sound mixer plugin, so can be configured to mute mic off on i guess.
    theres also autohotkey, but i havent used it.

spud107, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Is is possible to change the Windows 10 screenshooter hotkey - Similar Threads - possible change screenshooter

2. Hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotkeys.: Now I am the kind of person that tries to delay updates as much as possible because of things like this. But the latest one changed the start key view, as well as a search bar, and now every other time when I press escape witch I use at least 200 times a day, it throws me out...
  3. Change Print Screen hotkey?

Change Print Screen hotkey?: The laptop I recently bought has no print screen key, so when I downloaded lightshot, it asked what hotkey I wanted and I set it to Ctrl+UpArrow. I just found out that a program that I'm using uses this hot key so I need to change it to something else. I cant change it via...
  4. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  5. Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys: I am using the Mail app in Windows 10 and it is frustrating when while composing an email I press Alt+S and the email gets sent. I would like to disable the Alt+S keys for sending email and the also rather dangerous Ctrl+D (which I found out by tragic accident) deletes an...
  6. Possible to switch Intel profile by hotkey or command line?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Possible to switch Intel profile by hotkey or command line?: I found many questions on google about how to switch Intel graphics profile with hotkey or command line, but they are all outdated and don't work. Is there any way to switch profile without navigating through the graphics control panel? 85704
  7. Change F hotkeys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change F hotkeys: Hi! I installed Win10 some time ago, and I just installed the driver so I can disable Wi-Fi with the F key. When I do that, the OS goes into Air Plane mode, is there any way so I can make the F key to disable only Wi-Fi? 2607
  8. HotKeys changed themselves, how to change back to normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    HotKeys changed themselves, how to change back to normal?: My laptop has volume adjust on the f1 f2 f3 keys and more on the others. Suddenly they have new things assigned to them that I didn't knowingly set. It's a Windows 10 touchscreen laptop. How do I change them back to normal? 47338
  9. Hotkey for changing scaling level?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkey for changing scaling level?: Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10? I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change the scaling quickly for some programs. Any chance of this happening? 66511
  10. Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?: My situation is the following: I have an application that when I run produces a window. The window is too large for my screen (both a laptop and an attached large screen). I have changed the scaling of the large screen and now I can see almost all of the window. On the...