Windows 10: Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?

Discus and support Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was watching a video of a guy who was testing the WannaCry ransomware and he said that if it was a .exe file, it could become dangerously more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ramsf, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Ramsf Win User

Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous?

I was watching a video of a guy who was testing the WannaCry ransomware and he said that if it was a .exe file, it could become dangerously more harmful, is that true?

:)

Ramsf, Jul 24, 2019

2. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 24, 2019
  3. KYB2 Win User
    The True Key App From Intel Is Dangerous!

You can't remove True Key from Programs and Features because it's not listed there, which should tell you something.

4. wooggd Win User

The True Key App From Intel Is Dangerous!

Actually, I have used True Key for over a year now (Since 11/2006) and it is NOT dangerous. It manages 180 log-ins and counting for me. It took me awhile to understand how an app with such a simple interface could be secure enough to trust with all my
    log-ins. Once you get the feel of the app, you will see too, that it IS very safe and secure. I recommend True Key to everyone.

For those who won't even give it a try, I assure you the True Key website support section has the precise directions for it's removal. They also have a first class support team if you hit a snag.

Seriously, give True key a chance and you'll find you can't live without it.

wooggd, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Is is true that .exe viruses are more dangerous? - Similar Threads - true exe viruses

2. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  3. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  4. Virus Attack danger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Attack danger: Hi,I think I have been victim of a Virus attack and I'm not sure how to fix this.I searched in google for Google Drive download and by mistake I clicked on a "Add" link that looked exactly like google Drive. But after clicking install nothing happened. Link "->...
  5. Virus Attack danger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Attack danger: Hi,I think I have been victim of a Virus attack and I'm not sure how to fix this.I searched in google for Google Drive download and by mistake I clicked on a "Add" link that looked exactly like google Drive. But after clicking install nothing happened. Link "->...
  6. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  7. windows infected by a .exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows infected by a .exe virus: My windows is infected by an .exe virus which as turned mostly folders and files to .exe even the windows defender could stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-infected-by-a-exe-virus/54cd0c93-797f-42a9-9231-ee04bb83b675
  8. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  9. exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...