Windows 10: Is Isolated Win 10 Completely Safe?

Discus and support Is Isolated Win 10 Completely Safe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use a Dell Windows 10 PC that is fully licensed and completely legal. It, with all the programs in it, works very well for my needs, and I would like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by okasional, Sep 2, 2020.

1. okasional Win User

Is Isolated Win 10 Completely Safe?

I use a Dell Windows 10 PC that is fully licensed and completely legal. It, with all the programs in it, works very well for my needs, and I would like to just seal it up somehow so I am free of any upgrades or changes by Microsoft that would disturb its performance in any way. I will take an image of the OS somehow so I can restore that in the event of a mishap. I will use a separate Chromebox computer for any online activities such as email, shopping, etc. Am I correct in thinking that if there is no wired or wireless access to the Win 10 PC through the internet I don't even need virus and malware protection for it, and Microsoft will leave me alone so I can just continue using it as is for the next five years? It sounds too good to be true, and maybe I have oversimplified something.

:)

okasional, Sep 2, 2020
  2. VinceB Win User

Using Windows 10 Safe Mode to Fault Isolate/Troubleshoot

Hi;

I would like assistance to learn more about the Windows Safe Mode method for fault isolation/troubleshooting. I seem to recall that Safe Mode is useful for troubleshooting, but cannot recall details. I think the approach is to disable half of the existing apps, then reboot to Normal Mode to see if the problem continues.

If no, the problem does not continue to occur, then the cause of the problem may be within the remaining, other one-half, of the enabled apps; so, disable the remaining one-half of apps, and try again, and again, etc. Thusly, drilling down until the one app that is causing the problem is identified/remains.

If yes, the problem does continue to occur, then disable one-half of the presently enabled apps, and try again, and again, etc.

However, I do not know where such a listing of the apps can be viewed and then also be disabled.

Please clarify, correct my recall, or expand on the suggested method of troubleshooting by using Windows Safe Mode. Or, point me to an documented procedure for troubleshooting with Windows Safe Mode.

TNX.

P.S. My present problem is that several icons that are located on my desktop screen and are in the taskbar are continuously flashing, and eventually, Windows 10 crashes. I am hoping that Safe Mode is useful in isolating the cause of this issue.

VinceB, Sep 2, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is Isolated Win 10 Completely Safe? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 2, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Is Isolated Win 10 Completely Safe? - Similar Threads - Isolated Completely Safe

2. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  3. Is it completely safe to disable these services?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it completely safe to disable these services?: I am satisfied with my current version, if it completely safe to permanently stop and disable: Windows Updater service Windows Installer service submitted by /u/VillsSkyTerror [link] [comments]...
  4. Is Isolated Win 10 Completely Safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Isolated Win 10 Completely Safe?: I use a Dell Windows 10 PC that is fully licensed and completely legal. It, with all the programs in it, works very well for my needs, and I would like to just seal it up somehow so I am free of any upgrades or changes by Microsoft that would disturb its performance in any...
  5. core isolation win 10 home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    core isolation win 10 home: windows 10 home-in the core isolation the memory integrity i turn it on and it comes back saying cant turn on there may be a incompatibility on your device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-isolation-win-10-home/6626b16a-1139-4e4f-8c23-96417d1ba6a0"
  6. Win 10 update will not complete

Win 10 update will not complete: Thought it was time to update to Windows 10 from 1809 to version 1909, on x64 based PC, Intel I5 processor, 8 GB RAM - and then the problems started! Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Download appears OK but install fails Also pending install but never get to...
  7. safe mode issue with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue with win 10: start up a computer with a safe mode win and can not back to the regular desk top mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue-with-win-10/7d49da3c-fc39-4066-bfc3-17e71da9d523
  8. Win 10 Image - ISOLATED Network

Win 10 Image - ISOLATED Network: I am looking to build a Win 10 image to put on desktops ..but we are in a controlled, closed secure environment, and do not have internet access of any kind. It is a completely enclosed network. How do configure this so that it doesn't need internet to install/operate?...
  9. Using Windows 10 Safe Mode to Fault Isolate/Troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using Windows 10 Safe Mode to Fault Isolate/Troubleshoot: Hi; I would like assistance to learn more about the Windows Safe Mode method for fault isolation/troubleshooting. I seem to recall that Safe Mode is useful for troubleshooting, but cannot recall details. I think the approach is to disable half of the existing apps, then...
  10. Win 10 not completing install

Win 10 not completing install: Upgrading from Win 7 and after compatibility check (all 3 items OK) the download commences, the upgrade commences BUT STOPS at 99%. No error messages or anything after being stuck on that for hours. I recommenced the whole procedure again, making sure my antivirus was...