Windows 10: is it a CPU or RAM issue?

Discus and support is it a CPU or RAM issue? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a download manager and I have fullaccess to a site where it allows me to download things at full speed possible. When I download many files at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tsw88, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

is it a CPU or RAM issue?

I have a download manager and I have fullaccess to a site where it allows me to download things at full speed possible.

When I download many files at the same time (maybe talking about 8to 10 files at the same time). I leave it behind and do something else the whole experience is affected. Like typing up now each alphabet is delayed to show up.

Is it likely to be CPU or RAM issue? My CPU is i5 2400 and RAM is 8GB

:)

Tsw88, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 15, 2019
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Aug 15, 2019
  4. is it a CPU or RAM issue?

audiodg.exe using a lot of RAM and CPU

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    • Do you get any error code or error message while startup?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    Audiodg.exe [Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation] file hosts the audio engine for the operating system. So, this file is utilized for all the
    audio processing and Digital Signal Processing (DSP). Vendors are able to install their own DSP and audio effects into the audio pipeline, which are then processed by audiodg.exe.

In order to fix the high CPU usage, disable the audio enhancements processed by the audiodg.exe file. To disable the audio enhancements, try the following steps:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the right-hand notification area on the taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices from the menu. A list of devices should appear on the screen.
    • Double-click the device that has a green checkmark. The properties windows for that device should open.
    • Click the Enhancements tab at the top.
    • From the list of enhancements, uncheck all of them, or click the Disable all enhancements
      checkbox.
    • Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
    • Click OK to close the Playback Devices window.
    I also suggest you use Resource Monitor to monitor CPU usage.

Resource Monitor is a tool that you can use to monitor the usage of CPU, hard disk, network, and memory in real time.

You can use the Performance tab in Task Manager to see how your computer's CPU is being used by Windows and other programs running on your computer.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

is it a CPU or RAM issue?

1. is it a CPU or RAM issue? - Similar Threads - CPU RAM issue

2. RAM Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Issue: I have installed some new RAM, I should have 32GB but Windows is displaying it as 32GB 15.9 Usable I have been in contact with Corsair and they have done several checks and everything seems to be working correctly on the BIOS Etc. They have asked me to contact Microsoft.....
  3. RAM Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Issue: I have installed some new RAM, I should have 32GB but Windows is displaying it as 32GB 15.9 Usable I have been in contact with Corsair and they have done several checks and everything seems to be working correctly on the BIOS Etc. They have asked me to contact Microsoft.....
  4. Ram Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram Issues: After a ram upgrade, my pc boots up like normal but when it reaches the windows screen it says that it ran into a problem and needs to restart with the acpi bios error message. it then boots again and says it is doing automatic repairs before giving me the Error Code...
  5. Laptop CPU and RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop CPU and RAM usage: Hi, My laptop is very slow. I cleared all unwanted cache and cookies and then my laptop got a lot better. One thing I noticed is that when I open up task manager, 41% of my ram is constanly being used of my total of 6gb. is this normal? Same thing for my CPU it is...
  6. High cpu and ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High cpu and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/nika105 [link] [comments]...
  7. High CPU and ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/N_1_K_A [link] [comments]...
  8. Ram and Cpu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ram and Cpu: Do Amd Rams works on Intel Cpu's?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-and-cpu/8e2c8b61-ec18-4ac7-90d9-13bbd431a4f3
  9. RAM issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    RAM issue: Hi All, Recently I have upgraded RAM in my desktop from 4GB to 8GB but I see the usable RAM is only 3.1 GB. I wonder what could be the reason. Seek your help. Thnks Sandip.[ATTACH]...
  10. Cpu and Ram Usage Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu and Ram Usage Problem: Good Day Microsoft, Last time i upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 but the problem is getting start slow down and sometimes the cpu and ram usage always labels in 50 above, unlike windows 7 it consumes small amount of usage of the ram and cpu But i'm so confused within label...