Windows 10: is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...

Discus and support is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just as stated in the subject/question, is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk space. It holds 35 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MereenaPun, Feb 9, 2019.

1. is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...

Just as stated in the subject/question, is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk space. It holds 35 GB and I need some extra storage for other apps and documents, so I was wondering if I should delete those files or not, in case it might damage my pc.

:)

MereenaPun, Feb 9, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Disk Clean-up showing nothing to delete from Recovery Image (Dis it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk... :)

Hi Bradley,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Clean up. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to manually delete the temporary files.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to delete the temporary files:

• Press Windows logo key + R
      key to run Run Command, type %temp%, and hit
      Enter
    • Delete all the files in the folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Prefetch and delete all the files except the
      ReadyBoot folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Temp and delete all the files.
    • Restart the computer, and now check the disk space.

We don't recommend you to delete any system default application.

Please write us back, if you still face difficulty with Disk Clean up. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Feb 9, 2019
  4. is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...

Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...

1. is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk... - Similar Threads - bad thing delete

2. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  3. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  4. How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?: After updated on Feb9,2019,Disk Clean Up does not remove "Compress your OS drive". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removecompress-your-os-driveand-temporary/f7466e1c-ad75-4f66-ba92-ea0ccc6b5c66"
  5. Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive: I have a problem with recent clean installations of Windows 10 on several Dell Notebooks; After the normal service pack updates, an item named "Compressed OS-Drive" wasting more than 5Gb on the drive, is impossible to clean out using any explorer Disc Clean function. It can...
  6. What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?: Hi i was just wondering what would happen if i deleted my compress os files because i don't want to delete any files i have on my laptop. I have recently been experiencing some issues with my laptop. It keeps running at 100% CPU just when opening up google. I was told if i...
  7. compress os drive -disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    compress os drive -disk cleanup: hello i have an option to compress my os(c)(solid state) drive which saves me 21Gb how does this work could any issues arise from doing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compress-os-drive-disk-cleanup/bf92056b-bbb1-45b7-907a-ccd3f949213a
  8. "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup: Hello, while I was conducting a disk cleanup I noticed a large amount of 10 GB under "Compress your OS Drive." After it was finished the 10 GB was still there. I have tried it several times and it just doesn't clean up. Any thoughts? [ATTACH]...
  9. Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?: I personally enjoy it, makes a pc load fast, what am i missing > i see on many answers around the board disable fast boot 77890
  10. New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????

in Windows 10 Support
    New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????: New tools promise to unlock the potential of Windows 10 Mobile and Lumia smartphone. Can Windows Phone Internals bring the hacker community back to the fold? Windows Phone has a very ironic history. Back in the mid-2000s it was the operating system for hackers, tinkerers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compress your os drive

2. can you delete compress os files

3. what happens if I delete compress your os files

4. compress your os drive delete,
  5. can i remove the Compress your OS Drive in windows clean up,
  6. compress your os drive temporary files remove files,
  7. compress your os drive bad,
  8. decompress os drive files,
  9. cleanup system files,
  10. compressing your os a good thing?,
  11. can you delete the compress os hard drive,