Windows 10: Is it a real thing that each Windows 10 update messes with your system settings?

Discus and support Is it a real thing that each Windows 10 update messes with your system settings? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use my computer for a very specific purpose (work), and am required to use CPU-heavy programs. I have set up all my settings accordingly. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ETali, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ETali Win User

Is it a real thing that each Windows 10 update messes with your system settings?

I use my computer for a very specific purpose (work), and am required to use CPU-heavy programs.

I have set up all my settings accordingly. However, to my dismay I read somewhere that Windows 10 updates mess with the settings.

Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know which settings might be affected after a Windows update?

thank you

:)

ETali, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Nov 13, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Is it a real thing that each Windows 10 update messes with your system settings?

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it a real thing that each Windows 10 update messes with your system settings? - Similar Threads - real thing each

2. Windows 10 update messed up my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up my settings: Today I was forced to update windows and the update ruined my settings. This is unacceptable. Please help me restore my computer to a useable state and not the mess of a state your update left it in. You should be ashamed....
  3. Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update

Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update: [ATTACH] Here's a probably incomplete list of things messed up by the above mentioned update: 1. Completely atrocious color scheme appeared out of nowhere: light task bar, weird accent colors. The closest I could get to the previous scheme was to switch to Dark in Chose...
  4. Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Family restrictions messed up after each update: My Microsoft account is on a family with no restrictions. Screen time, app usage, and website blocking are all disabled, i.e. the switch to turn them on isn't even enabled. Our family "administrator," if that's what it's called, has even showed me the restrictions list and...
  5. is this the update that messes up your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is this the update that messes up your computer: this the update that disconnet your start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-the-update-that-messes-up-your-computer/777151d4-2d07-4f2f-ac2e-db5c9e23cbe8
  6. Dell Touchpad Settings Reset with each Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Touchpad Settings Reset with each Windows 10 Update: I have a latitude e6440 with Windows 10 Pro I am on the Insider Builds and seriously consider disabling because I have to re-setup system each time it updates. I have at least 6 settings that I prefer and it is frustrating to configure each time. I found this thread:...
  7. Windows Defender messing things up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender messing things up.: For a while now, my windows defender has been acting over aggressively for a bunch of files and is preventing me from downloading certain files and changing certain settings. It also won't let me save in many different video games, and the only thing that is allowing me to...
  8. windows 10 update messed with my settings

windows 10 update messed with my settings: Hi! After I installed the Windows 10 update onto my ASUS computer, it reset all my programs and settings and wiped some preferences and data from my device. I saw someone else post about this, the help received said it was 'unlikely' to have been caused by the update,...
  9. Updates messing with user setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates messing with user setting: I've been complaining here for a long time about updates messing with my user settings (resetting things to default, adding unwanted keyboards etc.). Today, another update and guess what? My settings were reset yet again! Seriously? Stop messing with user settings you...
  10. Windows 10 update 1803 messed up system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 1803 messed up system: Can someone help with a restore back to previous version of Windows 10? Microsoft says unable to roll back system and must reinstall Windows and all programs. This 1803 build seems to have messed up dozens of systems from people who I have spoken to. Local tech charges...