Windows 10: Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes?

Discus and support Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had it on 10 it worked for a while, then it stopped and seemed to only work on 1 reliably, then I could put it back to 10 for a bit, now I've got it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gr5eqqergagrae, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes?

I had it on 10 it worked for a while, then it stopped and seemed to only work on 1 reliably, then I could put it back to 10 for a bit, now I've got it back on 1

All I have installed is video games and boinc and that hasn't been updated this whole time and while my games have been updated a lot I doubt a non-running game's gonna be the cause, so please tell me it's a common issue in windows 10 and is being worked on I'd rather be patient and wait it out than try to fix it haha

Note that I know this has been an issue on all versions of windows and probably every OS but I've been really lucky with computers I didn't even have problems with vista so that's why I'm hoping this is a real windows 10 issue I had 8 on this hardware with no problems so I don't think it's hardware yadda yadda

:)

gr5eqqergagrae, Apr 17, 2016

2. help me bugs on n78 firmware ver 20.149

nooo still have bugs with the time of power saver is set to 60 seconds an it starts after 5 seconds only an in portrait mode while using camera an setting flash to off it flashes when starting auto focus and some times it flashes while i'im setting it
    to offf bad bugs very bored of usuin n78

boles---01, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Display turns off after 5 minutes when it is set to never

Go to screen saver settings and unclick the option "(on resume, display logon screen) as shown in the below picture and keep never in display turn off settings

Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes? [​IMG]

ANIL_prajapati_96, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes?

1. Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes? - Similar Threads - widespread bug monitors

2. computor turn off at 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    computor turn off at 5 minutes: where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps closing down on me. This sucks....
  3. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound: Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no...
  4. Monitor is off every 10-15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor is off every 10-15 minutes.: I am using two monitors for my desktop PC. One of the monitors is automatically off every 10-15 minutes, and is automatically back on about 10 minutes. How can I fix this problem ? Your help will be appreciated. Michael...
  5. Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a broken screen. I had been using an external monitor just fine, however, I went into my settings and accidently turned off the external monitor settings. I thought I was turning off the broken, attached monitor, but it turned off my external...
  6. Settings not holding with monitor off at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Settings not holding with monitor off at boot: If Windows 10 starts with my monitor turned off, text and icon sizes aren't correct. Rebooting corrects the icons, but I have to go back and reset text sizes in Control Panel > Display > Change only the text size, since those settings have all reverted to default sizes....
  7. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518
  8. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  9. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...