Windows 10: Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes?

Discus and support Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had it on 10 it worked for a while, then it stopped and seemed to only work on 1 reliably, then I could put it back to 10 for a bit, now I've got it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gr5eqqergagrae, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes?

I had it on 10 it worked for a while, then it stopped and seemed to only work on 1 reliably, then I could put it back to 10 for a bit, now I've got it back on 1

All I have installed is video games and boinc and that hasn't been updated this whole time and while my games have been updated a lot I doubt a non-running game's gonna be the cause, so please tell me it's a common issue in windows 10 and is being worked on I'd rather be patient and wait it out than try to fix it haha

Note that I know this has been an issue on all versions of windows and probably every OS but I've been really lucky with computers I didn't even have problems with vista so that's why I'm hoping this is a real windows 10 issue I had 8 on this hardware with no problems so I don't think it's hardware yadda yadda

:)

gr5eqqergagrae, Apr 17, 2016

2. help me bugs on n78 firmware ver 20.149

nooo still have bugs with the time of power saver is set to 60 seconds an it starts after 5 seconds only an in portrait mode while using camera an setting flash to off it flashes when starting auto focus and some times it flashes while i'im setting it
    to offf bad bugs very bored of usuin n78

boles---01, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Display turns off after 5 minutes when it is set to never

Go to screen saver settings and unclick the option "(on resume, display logon screen) as shown in the below picture and keep never in display turn off settings

Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes? [​IMG]

ANIL_prajapati_96, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes?

1. Is it a widespread bug that monitors won't auto-off set to 5+ minutes? - Similar Threads - widespread bug monitors

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes: Hi,my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes. It's connected through a VGA cable to my laptop.The only thing that helped is that if I run a game in the background it would stop. SO I chose a small game and have to run it on my background all the time so I can use...
  5. My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...: My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes. The monitor goes off but the computer does not go to sleep....
  6. Monitors Won't Turn Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors Won't Turn Off: I set my power button to "turn display off". When I click the button, my display turns off, but turn back on immediately afterwards. It used to work fine until today. I made a few changes between yesterday and today: I installed iCloud and iTunes as well as altServer. I...
  7. 5 Monitor Set-Up

5 Monitor Set-Up: Hello! I am having difficulty setting up 5 monitors. I can't find a clear answer or solution for this issue anywhere! I can easily get 3 monitors to work. My graphics card GPU supports more than three monitors, I made sure when I bought it. Currently I only have the...
  8. how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off: My screen used to turn off automatically frequently--probably after 30-60 minutes. The last two days it hasn't turned off at all. I looked at the Power and Sleep settings, they showed 10 minutes for the display. I changed them to 5 minutes, so that I could troubleshoot more...
  9. computor turn off at 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    computor turn off at 5 minutes: where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps closing down on me. This sucks....
  10. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518