Windows 10: Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another?

Discus and support Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to buy a new PC and wanted to ask if I can transfer my Windows from my old PC to my new PC? And if the key is transferred with it? Darf man... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeathNoteGood, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another?

I want to buy a new PC and wanted to ask if I can transfer my Windows from my old PC to my new PC? And if the key is transferred with it?

:)

DeathNoteGood, Sep 10, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to format a hard disk correctly?

One step at a time- I've only just read that info...!

1. Hard Disk Sentinel - still awaited
    2. PC Specs- still awaited

Low transfer rate confimed - a. see what HDS says b. search forum as I suggested.

Meanwhile block Windows Update so your PC is usable.

There's little point in trying to fix WU without decent disk performance.

dalchina, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Hard disk slow transfer speed

Hi Marcus,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• In which drive are you transfer the files?
    • What is the hard drive format that you are using?
    To check the hard drive format, press Windows key + R, type
    diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue is still same, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the external hard drive to the system and run check disk to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another?

can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

Hello Jason,

Hard disk can be transferred on another machine depending on the license that your device has. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• We'd like to know if your device came with a Windows 10 pre-installed Operating System?
    • Is your hard disk will be considered as a secondary storage on the other machine?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article for more information regarding your query:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another?

1. Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another? - Similar Threads - allowed transfer hard

2. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  3. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  4. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?: I have a registered version of Windows 10 on my secondary hard drive (E) but on my main hard drive (C), I dont. How can I transfer the registration from E to C? submitted by /u/_Pigface [link] [comments]...
  6. Transfer Windows from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows from one PC to another: I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go to activation, however, it says that it's activated with a digital license, and i cant get the product key. I am using...
  7. File transferring to another hard disk

File transferring to another hard disk: So I was downloading a game from the Epic Games store and I wouldnt let me download because the disk it was in didnt have enough space. I need help because I dont know how to transfer it because its like embedded there. I also accidentally deleted a hard disk, but it didnt...
  8. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  9. transfer one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer one hard drive to another?: How to I transfer One Hard drive to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-one-hard-drive-to-another/0999f86b-9ea6-439b-84b4-e510b8a0e59a"
  10. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...