Windows 10: Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue?

Discus and support Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old Intel G2010 processor desktop with 2 GB RAM. It has Intel HD Graphics which has following properties:I'm trying to test if CSGO lowest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vikaskumar2299, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue?

I have an old Intel G2010 processor desktop with 2 GB RAM. It has Intel HD Graphics which has following properties:I'm trying to test if CSGO lowest possible settings works on it or not because I have heard some people playing it on same processor with same iGPU. So I'm wondering why it might not be working for me. The game starts without any issue but as soon as I launch a map, it stops responding and eventually quits with a message like "CSGO.exe has stopped working".Now my PC specifications are OK for minimum required by CSGO game. Except one thing I'm not sure.Specifications sa

:)

vikaskumar2299, Jun 11, 2022

2. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 11, 2022
  3. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 11, 2022
  4. Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue?

RAM Issue

The ram will need to be ran at the weaker sets timings and voltage.
    +1 @Bill_Bright suggestion. Another note aswell, stop screwing with your rig. 99% of issues are between seat and keyboard

eidairaman1, Jun 11, 2022
Thema:

Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue?

1. Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue? - Similar Threads - insufficient RAM related

2. Installed RAM Memory Usable Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed RAM Memory Usable Issue: Need to know does 64GB of Installed RAM Memory is fully usable means Usable RAM should be 64GB or the usable RAM will be less than 64GB? My PC is being operated by Windows 10Pro 64 Bits....
  3. Memory Issues? Faulty Ram? No Idea

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Issues? Faulty Ram? No Idea: I have been having massive issues regarding a Bluescreen that will not stop appearing. It only started recently and has been growing more and more frequent over time. The Bluescreen before this had a similar problem, but different Parameters. I worry every time a new...
  4. Memory Issues? Faulty Ram? No Idea

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Issues? Faulty Ram? No Idea: I have been having massive issues regarding a Bluescreen that will not stop appearing. It only started recently and has been growing more and more frequent over time. The Bluescreen before this had a similar problem, but different Parameters. I worry every time a new...
  5. Memory Issues? Faulty Ram? No Idea

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it an insufficient RAM related issue or a GPU memory issue?: I have an old Intel G2010 processor desktop with 2 GB RAM. It has Intel HD Graphics which has following properties:I'm trying to test if CSGO lowest possible settings works on it or not because I have heard some people playing it on same processor with same iGPU. So I'm...
  7. Insufficient memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insufficient memory: I am running an xcopy in a batch file from a folder on the c drive to a folder on an external hard drive. The program finds the correct drives, folders and files and starts the xcopy. This runs for a short while and then crashes with an "Insufficient Memory" error. The PC...
  8. Insufficient permissions issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insufficient permissions issue: Hi, I am having an issue with my computer. Whenever I try and move something on my desktop, save something, print to PDF or download I get an error "insufficient permissions". I am the administrator and the only person to use my computer, but it asks for administrator...
  9. insufficient memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    insufficient memory: I don`t have memory in the computer and the apps don´t work. How can i move some of the things that are occupying the memory on to a memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insufficient-memory/bc0fc3f9-943b-4484-88b8-d463486f176d
  10. Insufficient Memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insufficient Memory: I have 867 GB out of 915 GB free. Using Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. Installed Turbo Tax 2019 no problem and created two tax files. Now when I try to open either file, I get a message stating "Insufficient memory or resources to complete this operation..."...