Windows 10: Is it at all possible to get into an locked computer?

Discus and support Is it at all possible to get into an locked computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 powered laptop that I cannot get access to. This is a computer that was given to a past employee of a company a couple of years... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMWill, Jun 22, 2020.

1. AMWill Win User

Is it at all possible to get into an locked computer?

I have a Windows 10 powered laptop that I cannot get access to. This is a computer that was given to a past employee of a company a couple of years ago. This fellow stopped using the computer at the time and has now forgotten his username and password. The computer seems to be running ok, it boots up and presents the login page but naturally without the proper credentials it can't be unlocked. Is there anyway that one can start over with this computer, establish a new user account and password, etc. I am hoping that there is some sort of procedure to make this machine useful again. Please advise. Thank you, Al

:)

AMWill, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2020
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Is it at all possible to get into an locked computer?

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Is it at all possible to get into an locked computer?

1. Is it at all possible to get into an locked computer? - Similar Threads - possible locked computer

2. Computer get locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer get locked: I tried to open a private website but may be due to virus , my laptop is get locked & there is instructions on display to call the microsoft support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-get-locked/6ddd5a28-9f3a-4bc5-b1a1-2dd0a4ec0f18
  3. Computer get locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer get locked: I tried to open a private website but may be due to virus , my laptop is get locked & there is instructions on display to call the microsoft support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-get-locked/6ddd5a28-9f3a-4bc5-b1a1-2dd0a4ec0f18
  4. All user on computer locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All user on computer locked: All user on computer locked.Please suggest how do unlock admin user.Please Reply with Resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-user-on-computer-locked/33f7cc8d-05e3-43fd-8168-bafbdf6de59c
  5. My computer is locked can not get into it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is locked can not get into it.: My computer is locked what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-can-not-get-into-it/274e541c-d04b-4fd9-8318-d0a32fce0a94
  6. Is it at all possible to get something unwanted by saving a image?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it at all possible to get something unwanted by saving a image?: What I mean by saving an image is right clicking on the image and clicking "save as". Does this apply to all sites? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-it-at-all-possible-to-get-something-unwanted-by/9dee6a61-4a05-4579-9911-4117b6a029ae
  7. Is it possible to keep num lock on at ALL times?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to keep num lock on at ALL times?: I've gone through the regeit many times, after finding article after article on how to change InitialKeyboardIndicators but they never work. I lock my laptop, come back and unlock it by entering my PIN via numpad, and the numpad still defaults to the non-number functions...
  8. Is it really possible to break into a computer that is locked?

Is it really possible to break into a computer that is locked?: Hi, This is not a question on how to do it, but to clarify if it is possible and if so how to make sure it does not happen. A family member told me a few days ago that he would have little problem accessing my PC that was locked if he used a small program that that he...
  9. Numpad lock getting disabled all the time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad lock getting disabled all the time: I am so pissed and annoyed with the behavior of my HP notebook. This model doesn't have an LED to indicate if the Numpad is activated or not. It's extremely frustrating how often it's getting disabled at start-up, it's hell. I know there is a setting in the BIOS, it's set...
  10. Computer lock-down, possible scam

Computer lock-down, possible scam: I was recently browsing some recipes in Chrome when a red website appeared and a voice said it had locked down my computer. It wouldn't closeby hitting the X at the top so I opened the Task Manager and closed my browser. That worked. It happened one other time within an...