Windows 10: Is it bad for the sound driver/device to use a sound booster?

Discus and support Is it bad for the sound driver/device to use a sound booster? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone heard, tried, or is currently using a sound booster software? (eg. Letasoft Sound Booster) The case is, my laptop's built-in speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sean PeterAlmedina, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Is it bad for the sound driver/device to use a sound booster?

Has anyone heard, tried, or is currently using a sound booster software? (eg. Letasoft Sound Booster)

The case is, my laptop's built-in speakers don't quite sound loud enough for music purposes so I wanted to use the said software, but I'm afraid that using it might harm my driver/device.

:)

Sean PeterAlmedina, Oct 17, 2019

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 17, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Is it bad for the sound driver/device to use a sound booster?

Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Is it bad for the sound driver/device to use a sound booster?

1. Is it bad for the sound driver/device to use a sound booster? - Similar Threads - bad sound driver

2. Device manager sound driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager sound driver error: Today i was trying to fix my cpu usage problem and i found out system thing in task manager was the problem and something called voxaldriverx64.sys I found it in system32\drivers and deleted it with some apps. In the way of deleting it i accidently deleted some drivers and...
  3. Device manager sound driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager sound driver error: Today i was trying to fix my cpu usage problem and i found out system thing in task manager was the problem and something called voxaldriverx64.sys I found it in system32\drivers and deleted it with some apps. In the way of deleting it i accidently deleted some drivers and...
  4. Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device: submitted by /u/odedgal67 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0nosv/bad_sound_quality_after_using_a_bluetooth_device/
  5. speakers sound bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers sound bad: speakers sound bad, have been for a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-sound-bad/59c73b6d-280c-49d0-afed-aa7828c8b5ad
  6. Make a microphone sound bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make a microphone sound bad: I need to make my mic sound bad for a joke, and I set it to 16000hz, and i was wondering if i can make it even worse than that? submitted by /u/Bungo-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f74pnw/make_a_microphone_sound_bad/
  7. no sound driver installed in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound driver installed in device manager: no sound driver installed in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-driver-installed-in-device-manager/466dcbdb-e505-4255-88dd-1bda3bfdd413
  8. Sound driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound driver: How do I reinstall IDT Audio? I accidentally uninstalled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver/5a30b7b5-6e47-4ff3-bc84-82ccbedea7aa
  9. Sound Device/Driver Issue

Sound Device/Driver Issue: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  10. JBL GO sounds bad

JBL GO sounds bad: My Bluetooth JBL GO speaker sounds terribly under Windows 10. With other devices it works well but as a speaker for my laptop it is no good. I found and studied many discussions proposing turning the handsfree service off. However, when I unclick the handsfree box in the...