Windows 10: is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller

Discus and support is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know what trustedinstaller does but the only thing I know is it is stopping me editing files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hey bye, Oct 7, 2018.

1. hey bye Win User

is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller

I don't know what trustedinstaller does but the only thing I know is it is stopping me editing files

:)

hey bye, Oct 7, 2018
  2. BunnyJ Win User

How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

Keep in mind,, I would not even think of doing what you might want to do..
    But if you must
    Windows 7 - How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

And don't blame me if you mess anything up.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 7, 2018
  3. dwlloyd810, Oct 7, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

What a beautifully worded response!
    is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller b0252.gif
    (this kid ain't goin' there !)

f14tomcat, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller - Similar Threads - bad disable delete

2. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  3. Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive: I'm trying to delete some file folders that are blocked by the trustedinstaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-disable-trustedinstaller-for/bcca571a-882d-41be-bcea-4f4b6b194052
  4. Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trustedinstaller: I have a problem ,I changed the owner of the entire drive and subfolders from Trustedinstaller to my account. I canceled the change of owner action, but I think many files are assigned to the wrong owner. at first I had typical problems but after typing a few commands (SFC...
  5. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  6. TrustedInstaller deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  7. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller: Hello, I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now I want to delete those new folders. Whenever I try to delete WindowsApps and ProgramFiles folder on D drive those folders...
  8. Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion: Hi all, needed help from my friends windows problem. what i found out his issues on windows keep restart after windows update at 30% because before restart pc he had uninstall the IE or defender. so i took out his nvme and install to my PC reason being i cant access to...
  9. Can't Delete driver needs permission from TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Delete driver needs permission from TrustedInstaller: I'm trying to delete a driver that doesn't work but it won't let me I need permission from TrustedInstaller. Can't delete/change or add permissions or install an older driver over it Any ideas? Ta 59680
  10. How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller: How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges. 15460