Windows 10: Is it bad to remove windows activation water mark? Will it change or mess up anything else...

Discus and support Is it bad to remove windows activation water mark? Will it change or mess up anything else... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just removed the windows 10 watermark and was curious whether it would cause issues later when activating windows if i was to. I followed a YT video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DashielBaker, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Is it bad to remove windows activation water mark? Will it change or mess up anything else...

I just removed the windows 10 watermark and was curious whether it would cause issues later when activating windows if i was to. I followed a YT video that explained how to do it by changing the value of the start to 4.

:)

DashielBaker, Apr 9, 2020

2. Water Mark???

What happened to the Win10 water mark? I was receiving updates for Win10 preview Insider build fast mode. All of a sudden I'm back to Win10 Pro. I never changed it. The water mark was in the lower right corner. I reset it back to get insider builds but
    still no water mark. This water mark came in handy to see what version/build I was on and also to know what HDD I am on as I duel boot from Win10 Insider to Win10 Pro.

BillFelter, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Water mark in build 18980.1

Today, I've got an update for build 18980.1 from the Insider Programme. I just wonder if anybody having installed that build has got a water mark on the bottom right of the display like me.

And perhaps has somebody been able to get rid of the water mark?

Thank you in advance!

Jonathan Jang, Apr 9, 2020
  4. morrohval Win User

Is it bad to remove windows activation water mark? Will it change or mess up anything else...

How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list.

I have been adding TAGS to images to make them easier to sort. In my haste I spelled a name wrong. Now when I view the DETAILS view pane and then I click into the TAGS bar, and start entering a name, I get a pop-out list of all TAG suggestions starting
    with that letter that narrows down as I add more of the word. But as more and more people get added to the (good) TAG list, the misspelled one is taking up space. Where can I go in Win10 (updates up to Nov 2019) to see and remove unwanted TAGS so they are
    not "suggestions" and removed from the list? It seems reasonable that it would let me even DELETE the entire list and the list would rebuild with tags used in a folder so only a "live" list (yes, maybe even a misspelled one that still needs corrected) would
    soon repopulate.

IE: I added "Mark" and I added "John", then I was typing and realized that if I right-arrow over the semicolon I could add TAGS for John and Mark to a group of selected pictures, cutting out discrete clicks. In my haste I didn't hit the right-space between
    the names and then hit ENTER to tag the selected pictures. All TAGged as "John Mark"; I realized my mistake, deleted the tag and re-entered them as discrete tags. So, now, when I go to add a tag, and type in "m" there is a suggestion for all my tags that
    start with m, and "John Mark" is in the list. I want to remove "John Mark" as a suggested tag.

SO: How do I edit to remove bad TAG suggestions in Win10?

morrohval, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Is it bad to remove windows activation water mark? Will it change or mess up anything else...

1. Is it bad to remove windows activation water mark? Will it change or mess up anything else... - Similar Threads - bad remove activation

2. 'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.: i was watching youtube and then randomly an activate windows water mark randomly popped up in the corner. ive been using this pc for a year with no problems at all. i just wanted to know if anyone can help....
  3. 'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.: i was watching youtube and then randomly an activate windows water mark randomly popped up in the corner. ive been using this pc for a year with no problems at all. i just wanted to know if anyone can help....
  4. Cannot get rid of water mark saying activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot get rid of water mark saying activate windows: Hello, I have this computer for four years now and this is the first time the water mark activate my windows show up. It will be gone after restart but will come back eventually. Pleae help....
  5. Cannot get rid of water mark saying activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of water mark saying activate windows: Hello, I have this computer for four years now and this is the first time the water mark activate my windows show up. It will be gone after restart but will come back eventually. Pleae help....
  6. Cannot get rid of water mark saying activate windows

7. Test Mode Water Mark

Test Mode Water Mark: I've asked this question before and got no where. NEED HELP PLEASE. I'm trying to remove the test mode watermark from a Windows 10 laptop. I have ran the command - bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF and it was successful. Restarted the computer and it was gone. After a little while...
  8. Activate windows water mark on my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate windows water mark on my screen: How do I remove the "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-water-mark-on-my-screen/c71f6a20-81ac-4252-9e12-833b6590157e
  9. Interesting 'water mark'!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Interesting 'water mark'!: Just woken my pc up and notice that in the bottom right corner of the desktop there is a faint image that reads: "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows" see below: [ATTACH] Needless to say the PC has been running Widows 10 since it was upgraded (and...
  10. Changing Window Borders and Title Bar WITHOUT messing up anything ELSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Window Borders and Title Bar WITHOUT messing up anything ELSE: Windows 10 Pro is on. And, of course, it's truly UGLY. MS may think this grotesque white-on-white scheme is cute, but it's glaring and unproductive..... I've made my display background 50% gray for all the displays. I've fixed the start and taskbar colors using Classic...