Windows 10: Is it battery or laptop?

Discus and support Is it battery or laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an i7 Toshiba s50 laptop. I don't know if my issue is related to the battery or the laptop or windows. This is the 2nd replacement battery that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bartjunited, May 4, 2021.

1. Is it battery or laptop?

I have an i7 Toshiba s50 laptop. I don't know if my issue is related to the battery or the laptop or windows. This is the 2nd replacement battery that I've had. Laptop wss working fine apart from getting no warning that battery was about to die and laptop would turn off. However today I went to turn the laptop on and it wss dead. Tried 2 chargers and got nothing at all. I unscrewed and removed the battery, plugged in charger and it started up. After laptop started up, a game my little one was playing was still on. So my thoughts are battery is faulty and this is the 2nd time this has happened. Now I have to send the battery back for them to check and test and then send another if it's faulty. What are your thoughts people. TIA Bart

:)

bartjunited, May 4, 2021

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, May 5, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Is it battery or laptop? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 5, 2021
  4. Is it battery or laptop?

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Is it battery or laptop? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Is it battery or laptop?

1. Is it battery or laptop? - Similar Threads - battery laptop

2. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown: Hello. I am still having problems with the battery getting completely drained when the computer is turned off. A 80% battery will not last more than 2 weeks with the computer shut down. If I turn it on after 2 weeks, the battery will be at 0%. I have turned off "fast...
  3. Problems regarding full charge capacity of battery after updating my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems regarding full charge capacity of battery after updating my laptop: Hi there, Someone please help me out.Recently i updated my laptop which i recive in windows update section. Before update i check my battery report through powercfg /batteryreport and it will show 53,880mWh and after update i checked report with same method it shows me...
  4. Laptop Battery Report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery Report: So I done this a while back on my dell xps 15 9550 laptop before with old battery and new battery. I tried to do this right now... Typed in start menu command prompt and right clicked on it and open as admin. Then i typed in powercfg/batteryreport Then it showed Battery life...
  5. Battery Saver not working on Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Battery Saver not working on Windows 10 Laptop: Some users are experiencing an issue where they are not able to enable Battery Saver on their Windows 10 laptops. In this article, we are going to fix this issue with the help of some simple solutions. Battery Saver not working on Windows 10 Laptop Users who are facing the...
  6. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning: Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%. It was not...
  7. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning: Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%. It was not...
  8. My laptop's Bios Screen keeps flickering from "This battery is preforming normally" to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's Bios Screen keeps flickering from "This battery is preforming normally" to...: My computer has been dealing with a battery issue for about a year now. About 4 years ago it fell on its side a few feet, chipping the charger hole a bit. For a while, i was able to charge but only in certain positions, but after not using it for a while, It ended up not...
  9. Battery and Power Question for laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery and Power Question for laptops: If I were to set the "when I close the lid" setting to do nothing, but set the "Hibernate after this amount of time" to 10 min. Will the computer hibernate after the 10 min if I shut the lid? Or will it continue to run? Basically I want to be able to shut the lid but if I...
  10. Windows boots laptop, but doesn't turn it off, so the battery gets drained

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows boots laptop, but doesn't turn it off, so the battery gets drained: Hey community, my Laptop seems to boot on its own, when I put Windows 10 to hibernation. That is very annoying and problematic, since it apparently does not turn itself off afterwards, so it drains all the battery, and my laptop might be in a closed bag, so that there is...