Windows 10: Is it better (more secure) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual...

Discus and support Is it better (more secure) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it better practice (more secure?) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual machine (either Hyper-V or VirtualBox) rather than using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leastsignificantbyte, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Is it better (more secure) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual...

Is it better practice (more secure?) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual machine (either Hyper-V or VirtualBox) rather than using NAT mode virtual adapter? (Windows 10 Pro not server)

submitted by /u/leastsignificantbyte
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leastsignificantbyte, Jan 14, 2020
  2. RonFarns Win User

IP Interface Priority (physical and virtual)

Is it possible to change the ifIndex number (set it lower for the physical adapter than the ifIndex numbers assigned to virtual, VMNet, adapters) using the Set-NetIPInterface command (or some other powershell command)?

This would be on a Windows 10 operating system. I have an application that gets a list of local IP address and on the PC it runs on VMware is installed and has multiple virtual adapters. My application always returns the IP address of one of the virtual
    adapters but I need it to get the IP address of my physical adapter so I need its IP address to be first in the list.

Any suggestions? (A registry edit maybe?)

RonFarns, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Creating a Virtual switch without interfering Physical network

Is there anyway that I can create a virtual switch but without interfering with the physical network?

***Modified title from: Hyper-V FAQ***

Daniel John Brosman08211986, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Petaflop Win User

Is it better (more secure) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual...

Create virtual smart card from physical card

Would it be possible to "clone" a physical smart card into a virtual smart card, by using tpmvscmgr.exe utility?

I have several users in our organization that should use the same certificates contained in the physical smart card.

Petaflop, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Is it better (more secure) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual...

1. Is it better (more secure) to have a separate physical network card for each virtual... - Similar Threads - better more secure

2. How to have separate desktops for each family member.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have separate desktops for each family member.: How to have separate desktops for each family member. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-separate-desktops-for-each-family/62111f9f-19b7-45d7-aad8-7bb5428033a6
  3. How to have separate desktops for each family member.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have separate desktops for each family member.: How to have separate desktops for each family member. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-separate-desktops-for-each-family/62111f9f-19b7-45d7-aad8-7bb5428033a6
  4. Physical security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical security key: Facebook forced me to use an alternative sign in method, so I chose the security key. I bought a security key and used it a few times to sign into Facebook, although it's very awkward. Now when I try to log into Facebook I get the request for a security key followed...
  5. Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?: Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes? I have 2 Windows 10 on 1 volume and asking if it’s alright to do that....
  6. Are more drive partitions better?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are more drive partitions better?: I've recently heard that creating more drive partitions would make my computer more efficient, and I'm planning to do the same to all my games (dividing them based on genre etc). Should I do it, or should I store all of them within a single drive? submitted by...
  7. Separate wallpapers for virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate wallpapers for virtual desktops?: I know there's a way to set up different wallpapers for multiple physical monitors, but I was wondering if there was a way to do that with virtual ones, too. I've tried going to the specific desktop and changing it, but it ends up applying to all of them anyway. I have a...
  8. About the security of Virtual Smart Cards

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the security of Virtual Smart Cards: Hello all, Trying to have a good overview about the security of Virtual Smart Cards relying on TPMs, I read this very short article (the only I found) covering this topic (first part):...
  9. Physical and Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Physical and Virtual Memory: Hi, I new with windows 10 and I have some question: My OS is win 10 x64 Ultimate and I have 32GB of physical memory but when I checked my virtual I noticed that when was setup for "Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers" was a little more than 2000 MB but when...
  10. Creating a Virtual switch without interfering Physical network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a Virtual switch without interfering Physical network: Is there anyway that I can create a virtual switch but without interfering with the physical network? ***Modified title from: Hyper-V FAQ***...