Windows 10: Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?

Discus and support Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes? I have 2 Windows 10 on 1 volume and asking if it’s alright to do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ethanlam2, Sep 16, 2021.

1. ethanlam2 Win User

Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?

Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes? I have 2 Windows 10 on 1 volume and asking if it’s alright to do that.

:)

ethanlam2, Sep 16, 2021

2. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?

2 operating systems

Hi Mohammad,

As you are facing issues with booting the operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Before proceeding further I would like to know the below information.

• Have you installed any Operating system on Volume 3?

• Have you installed Windows 10 by performing clean installation, or with the dual boot?

• Let us know, if you are able to boot into both the Operating system on Volume 3 and Volume 5?

• If you don’t want Volume 3 to be booted, then you may go ahead and format the Volume 3.
    Note: If there is any important data on Volume 3 then, request you to take the backup and then format.

Please revert back with the detailed information, so that we would assist you better.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes?

1. Is it better to have 2 operating system on 1 volume or on separate volumes? - Similar Threads - better operating system

2. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2: i restarted my windows and now it asks me to“ Choose an operating system “ and theres only 2 stuff which i can pick and both of them are the same “Windows 10 On volume 2” and when i click on them it does absolutely nothing??? it brings me back to Choose an operating system....
  3. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2: i restarted my windows and now it asks me to“ Choose an operating system “ and theres only 2 stuff which i can pick and both of them are the same “Windows 10 On volume 2” and when i click on them it does absolutely nothing??? it brings me back to Choose an operating system....
  4. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%: I have an audiobox with a microphone set up on my computer. In all of my applications, like Zoom, Berrycast and other video streaming or recording software, it seems to work fine. But when I try to use the camera or voice recorder on the PC, it is very quiet. When I go into...
  6. Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%

Audio Volume is only producing 1-2%: I have an audiobox with a microphone set up on my computer. In all of my applications, like Zoom, Berrycast and other video streaming or recording software, it seems to work fine. But when I try to use the camera or voice recorder on the PC, it is very quiet. When I go into...
  7. VOLUME 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOLUME 2: HiI have 2 window 10 volume 2 boxes when starting my computer for some reason its defaulting to the wrong one that has no APPS and all my saved info?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-2/8699a80e-d056-45f5-b14f-c650a4578aa7
  8. VOLUME 2

VOLUME 2: HiI have 2 window 10 volume 2 boxes when starting my computer for some reason its defaulting to the wrong one that has no APPS and all my saved info?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-2/8699a80e-d056-45f5-b14f-c650a4578aa7
  9. VOLUME 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Volume 2 volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume 2 volume control: How can I eliminate the screen that pops up late in the boot process, asking for permission to make changes to my system? Thanks, **** Herald https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-2-volume-control/875c84d6-3e38-4a5b-ab5b-fa0e608b85ae