Windows 10: Is it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10...

Discus and support Is it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i checked an old post where they mentioned that it does not make any difference - is this true ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by melaniosulivan, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Is it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10...

i checked an old post where they mentioned that it does not make any difference - is this true ?

:)

melaniosulivan, Jan 22, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 22, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Is it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10...

Unable to access Local Disks (CIs it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10... :), (DIs it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10... :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Is it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10...

1. Is it better to install all of the programs on local disk C or " this PC " as windows 10... - Similar Threads - better install programs

2. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  3. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  4. accidently removal of all permission of local disk c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accidently removal of all permission of local disk c: hay while working on a project I accidently removed all permission and now i can not access my drive I have only one disk and my main presentation is now stuck and I want to to get any how I am ready to reinstall windows but my first priority is my presentation and I don't to...
  5. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  6. windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working: windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-defragment-in-local-disk-c-is-not/37417c4a-33a7-4c6f-bae5-987446693e7a
  7. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  8. How to split 350gb on Local Disk C and Local Disk D when doing Windows 10 installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to split 350gb on Local Disk C and Local Disk D when doing Windows 10 installation?: My friend has been using Win 7 since ages and he is now upgrading to Win 10 but he has only 350gb hard disk and both of us don't know how to make those partitions or etc. My plan is when we get to that part, we will instantly delete all the partitions so there will only be...
  9. Problem with local disk C:

Problem with local disk C:: Hi guys,I have problem with local disk C:.I wanna defragment him but I did something wrong.Now when I wanna open local disk C: I cant.There is error "acces is deined.I cant run nothing and download.I cant restart computer idk why.I can click 1000 times but there is nothing.If...
  10. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10: My new HP computer came with two disk drives, C: and D:. C: is a very small one and is named Windows C:. Some programs are installed by default in drive C: with no option to change the Drive. If I uninstall such programs, when I try to installed again, the installation goes...