Windows 10: Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

Discus and support Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OctavianJabke, May 9, 2020.

1. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother.

The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it and just deleted the profile after attempting to fix it. Then I created another profile on the same Microsoft account. It seemed to work, but when I tried to set both peofiles as adminsmaybe that's the cause it happened again.

Deleted it again. Now I only have an profile.

Is it better if I put two profiles on the same accountnot like before with separate accounts?

:)

OctavianJabke, May 9, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users? :(

Zakin, May 9, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 9, 2020
  4. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

1. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users? - Similar Threads - better Microsoft accounts

2. One microsoft account and two profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    One microsoft account and two profiles: Good morning, I have a MS account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it has two profiles, one for me and one for my son. Can someone tell me how to switch between the two? Here are screenshots to assist in troubleshooting. Dr Tracy is me and Dr Bonehead is...
  3. one user account with two Admin profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one user account with two Admin profiles: Hi guys, I have problems with my Win 10 profile: I have one account same login associated to 2 Admin account - one with full control and the other with modify access. The problem is that I need to be able to switch to the one with full control as I can't modify many folders...
  4. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  5. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  6. Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email

Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email: I appear to have two Microsoft Accounts linked to the same email address. One is the account I set up myself using my work email address. The other appears to be an account that my IT Department has set up using my email address. Is there a way to combine these or any...
  7. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...
  8. Two Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Microsoft accounts: I ended up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Is there a way combine them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-microsoft-accounts/ed56fc99-040b-42a2-acce-12ef9c6ee6a7
  9. Linking two microsoft accounts to one

Linking two microsoft accounts to one: Hi microsoft community, I would like to know that if I have two microsoft accounts and I want to link them to one account i.e. making one primary account, how can this be done? I know the process of adding another email to your outlook mail, but I'm not looking for that...
  10. Two user accounts with one email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two user accounts with one email?: I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account...