Windows 10: Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

Discus and support Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update is currently doing an update but it's really, really slow. In Task Manager Disk is constantly around 100%. I have 3 questions: (1) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frost King, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

Windows Update is currently doing an update but it's really, really slow. In Task Manager Disk is constantly around 100%. I have 3 questions:

(1) I was wondering if it's better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode with Network?

(2) Would it not be faster?

(3) I assume it would be safe, is that correct?

Thank you for your time.

:)

Frost King, Mar 14, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

1. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode? - Similar Threads - better perform Updates

2. Is S mode better?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is S mode better?: is s mode better for pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-s-mode-better/3309ac54-a62e-48f8-9f65-c55d241a07ea
  3. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  4. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  5. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Ryzen 7 2700x performing better on power-saving mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ryzen 7 2700x performing better on power-saving mode: I recently tested the power-saving mode in Windows. Then i ran varios benchmarks like Cinebench and some games. In Cinebench my CPU got like 100 points more then on high performence or specialieced Ryzen mode. In Hitman 3 i got also some FPS more in the benchmark again with...
  7. Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode: Computer is moderately slow, but the main disturbance is massive ping spikes of multiple seconds. There are 2 WiFis on the computer and the USB one is more susceptible, no matter which USB port. These lag spikes increase as windows runs. I have tried manually eliminating...
  8. Better Computer Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Better Computer Performance: I'm running Windows 10 pro and would really (really) appreciate some tips on increasing system performance. I'm a neophyte when it comes to finer aspects of tuning a system. Thanks! Mike...
  9. Better Performance & No Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Better Performance & No Blue Screens: After recovering from multiple blue screens I made a decision to use only Microsoft software - Mail, Edge, Defender. So far so good. Not one new blue screen. Could my MS only decision really be helping or is it just in my head? 102131
  10. Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?: Or does it matter? Which do you think would be the most effective or take the shortest time? 46903