Windows 10: Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

Discus and support Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update is currently doing an update but it's really, really slow. In Task Manager Disk is constantly around 100%. I have 3 questions: (1) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frost King, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

Windows Update is currently doing an update but it's really, really slow. In Task Manager Disk is constantly around 100%. I have 3 questions:

(1) I was wondering if it's better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode with Network?

(2) Would it not be faster?

(3) I assume it would be safe, is that correct?

Thank you for your time.

:)

Frost King, Mar 14, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

1. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode? - Similar Threads - better perform Updates

2. Updating drivers in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating drivers in safe mode: Hello, I've been appealing to the Microsoft Community to ask you to believe that if I can update my Safe Mode drivers. I mention that I went into the safe mode in computer mode last night in the device manager section and I have some yellow drivers. How can I fix it to make...
  3. Windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows safe mode: Hello, dear community how can I start windows in safe mode since I need to repair windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-safe-mode/394217bb-c939-4c8a-b28d-6c071bb9d60e
  4. safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode: Will resetting pc take it out of the safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode/80aefac9-7f39-4df7-b3e0-cc3d5df9f0dd
  5. safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode: When I try to start in safe mode with a hard start and go to the C:>option I get X: \Windows\system32> . How do I get to C: > fromX: \Windows\system32> ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/safe-mode/b2d6b000-3570-4a93-bc58-4eb59725f0b6
  6. Safe mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Safe mode: I am trying to boot into safe mode, the system will not do so, I get a small window that says, "A problem occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner, a file containing error information has been created at C:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. I locate the file but...
  7. Safe mode..

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode..: So, I encountered a virus that prevented me from using my antivirus. Consequently I entered safe mode to try to use my antivirus. I realize now that that makes no sense, since apparently you can't make analysis in safe mode. But that's is not the point. When I tried to leave...
  8. Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?: Or does it matter? Which do you think would be the most effective or take the shortest time? 46903
  9. Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode: I started up in safe mode and my windows directory got corrupted and had to restore from a backup. Any thoughts on why? My OS is on an SSD and was wondering if it has gone bad. 107033
  10. Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode: Have Intel NUC with windows 10 Pro.Was doing a windows reset when power went out.Now all I get is a black screen with no mouse cursor.Does not even go to log in screen.Is there a way to get into safe mode ? 95264