Windows 10: Is it fine for allowing onedrive.exe can get in documents? Or it shouldn't be happen?

Discus and support Is it fine for allowing onedrive.exe can get in documents? Or it shouldn't be happen? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Is it okay?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Istsada Buabal, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Is it fine for allowing onedrive.exe can get in documents? Or it shouldn't be happen?

Is it fine for allowing onedrive.exe can get in documents? Or it shouldn't be happen? 6486176d-a5e3-4211-aeac-cfe3d09842ee?upload=true.jpg

Is it okay?

:)

Istsada Buabal, Jun 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Is it fine for allowing onedrive.exe can get in documents? Or it shouldn't be happen?

Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Is it fine for allowing onedrive.exe can get in documents? Or it shouldn't be happen?

1. Is it fine for allowing onedrive.exe can get in documents? Or it shouldn't be happen? - Similar Threads - fine allowing onedrive

2. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  3. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  4. OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist: I'm continually being notified of OneDrive reaching its capacity. I've opened OneDrive's settings to exclude folders to be told "Can't stop syncing folder. The folder you tried to unselect contains the Windows Documents folder, which is an important folder in Windows and is...
  5. OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist

OneDrive "Can't stop syncing folder" shouldn't exist: I'm continually being notified of OneDrive reaching its capacity. I've opened OneDrive's settings to exclude folders to be told "Can't stop syncing folder. The folder you tried to unselect contains the Windows Documents folder, which is an important folder in Windows and is...
  6. OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.: Hi, I received a message when trying to open a new word document saying my OneDrive is full and I cannot proceed.I have uninstalled OneDrive but still cannot open a document.Can anyone offer a solution please....
  7. OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.

OneDrive is full and will not allow a new document to be created.: Hi, I received a message when trying to open a new word document saying my OneDrive is full and I cannot proceed.I have uninstalled OneDrive but still cannot open a document.Can anyone offer a solution please....
  8. Onedrive documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive documents: I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time though the documents folder of the computer and pictures folder of the computer are both by default a directory in Onedrive for...
  9. Everything works fine then this happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything works fine then this happened: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/starwarrior259 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fm7pl4/everything_works_fine_then_this_happened/
  10. How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?: Hi, I am trying to move my Documents and music folders from the C drive to a micro 128GB extra storage to use less space on the 28GB C drive in the Lenovo mini Laptop. However, I run up against a error warning telling I can't do that. Here is the message: "The folder...