Windows 10: Is it fine to download windows installer from a PC that possibly has virus?

Discus and support Is it fine to download windows installer from a PC that possibly has virus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I mean, I don’t think downloading the installer to a usb drive can possibly infect the computer which I’m installing windows onto right? Also going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qwerpyi, May 7, 2020.

1. Is it fine to download windows installer from a PC that possibly has virus?

I mean, I don’t think downloading the installer to a usb drive can possibly infect the computer which I’m installing windows onto right?

Also going to ask if downloading it from a Mac works, though I’m not sure if it’s infected in one way or another though. But if it is infected, is it still okay to use that to get the installer?

submitted by /u/qwerpyi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qwerpyi, May 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 7, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    New PC DRM!

You mean:

Pirated
    Step 1: Find Pirated version.
    Step 2: Download (which takes far longer than all the waiting for saving would take if your internet connection truly is slow)
    Step 3: Scan downloaded copy with anti-virus.
    Step 4: Install and pray hard that it isn't virus infected
    Step 5: Install the pirating bit and pray some more that it isn't a virus
    Step 6: Enjoy with above worries
    Step 7: Save

newtekie1, May 7, 2020
  4. Is it fine to download windows installer from a PC that possibly has virus?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Is it fine to download windows installer from a PC that possibly has virus?

1. Is it fine to download windows installer from a PC that possibly has virus? - Similar Threads - fine download installer

2. Possible virus on Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible virus on Pc: I have had my computer for 4 days now and I did a full threat/virus scan because my pc had a force restart after installing rgb fusion…there was over 450,000 files installed.I play Assetto Corsa and download mods from google,could this play a role into why I have to many...
  3. Possible virus on Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible virus on Pc: I have had my computer for 4 days now and I did a full threat/virus scan because my pc had a force restart after installing rgb fusion…there was over 450,000 files installed.I play Assetto Corsa and download mods from google,could this play a role into why I have to many...
  4. possible virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    possible virus: Hello, today i downloaded something weird without knowing and deleted it but since then my computer is acting weird and slow, what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/possible-virus/b590afd9-225e-4de1-8526-b1b2ff808701
  5. Windows has possible virus? Not sure what to do!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has possible virus? Not sure what to do!: So this morning my computer was lagging. Like i thought maybe my internet was just **** at the moment. So i restart my router and it unplugs all my tvs. I plug it back in and everything comes on. Now i restart my computer and i cant open any apps, or the websites. i cant...
  6. A possible virus?

A possible virus?: Hello, I am having issues recently with my laptop. I am running windows defender as my security tool and my problem is - occasionally a .tmp file with random name appearsusually something with a few letters and numbers like gmd123.tmp in my temp folder. This file begins to...
  7. Possible virus on my PC

Possible virus on my PC: About 30 minutes ago, I was on a site related to the Sims 3, and hadn't clicked on anything, when like 10 pop-ups opened up out of nowhere. I closed everything out, and then this Google Update notification came up, only the Google Chrome symbol that usually shows when it...
  8. PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus

PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus: Hi, this afternoon as soon as I plugged in my laptop (which runs knon windows 10 fully updated) my usb drive (which I used to transfer some data from a pc which ran on windows xp) my antivirus (365 security) went full alarm revealing several virus among which I noticed a...
  9. A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC

A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC: Whenever I try to reset my PC and I click the button it just loads then does nothing. I might of gotten a virus that prevents me from resetting it because I've taken it to multiple places and they all have been unable to fix it. Is there anyway I can fix it without buying a...
  10. 17763.1 downloaded and installed fine..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    17763.1 downloaded and installed fine..: No problems so far.. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/177631-downloaded-and-installed-fine/00f47514-8946-4d78-b120-dd99526d6eef