Windows 10: Is it fine to remove pre-installed apps, will it be harmfull to my laptop?

Discus and support Is it fine to remove pre-installed apps, will it be harmfull to my laptop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I delete all these following apps : Feedback Hub, Films & TV, Groove Music, HEIF Image Extensions, Mail And Calendar, Maps, Messaging, Mixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by new_winUser, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Is it fine to remove pre-installed apps, will it be harmfull to my laptop?

Can I delete all these following apps : Feedback Hub, Films & TV, Groove Music, HEIF Image Extensions, Mail And Calendar, Maps, Messaging, Mixed Reality Viewer, Mixed Reality Portal, Paint 3D, People, Photos, Print 3d, Snip & Sketch, Tips, Translator, Weather, VP9 Video Extension, Web Media Extensions, Webp Image Extensions, XSplit Gamecaster without any harm to my laptop?

:)

new_winUser, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

windows 10 pre installed apps removal

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you want to un-install Groove Music try the below steps.

• Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage
      on the PowerShell and hit Enter.
    Once you un-install the app, if you wish you can install it again from the Windows store.

Step 2: To remove the Photo app refer the link below and check if it helps

how do i uninstall photo app from win 10?

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Hollywood Win User
    Mobo installation tutorials?

Looking for a link or direction to a basic Mobo removal AND installation guide.

Would like it to include pre removal /installation check list and materials/tool list.

Will be also interested in an aftermarket power supply unit swap guide.

Thanks

Hollywood, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Is it fine to remove pre-installed apps, will it be harmfull to my laptop?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Is it fine to remove pre-installed apps, will it be harmfull to my laptop? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Is it fine to remove pre-installed apps, will it be harmfull to my laptop?

1. Is it fine to remove pre-installed apps, will it be harmfull to my laptop? - Similar Threads - fine remove pre

2. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  3. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  4. I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.: Is it possible to factory reset without deleting the apps that came on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-laptop-without-removing-pre/3b74926a-3356-4fdf-be21-73c70e88bec8
  5. I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.

I want to reset my laptop without removing pre installed apps.: Is it possible to factory reset without deleting the apps that came on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-laptop-without-removing-pre/3b74926a-3356-4fdf-be21-73c70e88bec8
  6. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  7. Pre installed apps

Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  8. The pre-installed apps on my laptop are corrupting.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The pre-installed apps on my laptop are corrupting.: I have ran a virus check and nothings wrong. When I launch one, for example mail, it says This app can't open. It then sends me to the Microsoft store, where it saysnthis app has encountered a problem and a prompt to reinstall. Every time I try to reinstall it stops at...
  9. Pre installed Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  10. issue with pre-installed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    issue with pre-installed apps: most of my microsoft apps like store,movies and tv,help,groove music,calculator etc are not working and not opening at all. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-pre-installed-apps/ccaf6ea1-8172-47ea-88ac-90e08d0a85cf"