Windows 10: Is it fine to turn off computer when windows update still downloading?

Discus and support Is it fine to turn off computer when windows update still downloading? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just check my task manager before i shutdown my laptop and its shown Service Host : Network Service downloading something and i check windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikelferdinan, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Is it fine to turn off computer when windows update still downloading?

I just check my task manager before i shutdown my laptop and its shown Service Host : Network Service downloading something and i check windows update but it didnt show any downloading update. So i just turn off my laptop and next day i turn on my laptop and the Service Host : Network Service downloading again. My question is, is it fine to turn off you computer/laptop when Windows service in task manager such as Service Host : Network Service still downloading ?
    Well i don't see any problem because they just continue downloading after you turn on you computer again, but i just curious.

Is it fine to turn off computer when windows update still downloading? [​IMG]

:)

mikelferdinan, Aug 27, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Aug 27, 2019
  3. R0H1T Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Aug 27, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Is it fine to turn off computer when windows update still downloading?

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Is it fine to turn off computer when windows update still downloading?

1. Is it fine to turn off computer when windows update still downloading? - Similar Threads - fine turn off

2. why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off: why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-bluetooth-turn-off-when-windows-updates/937151b1-7468-4c43-80b3-e6c307153569
  3. why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off: why does bluetooth turn off when windows updates turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-bluetooth-turn-off-when-windows-updates/937151b1-7468-4c43-80b3-e6c307153569
  4. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  5. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  6. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off: I have noticed that when I have turned off my computer my wifi turns off on all overs devices. However, when my computer is turned back on, wifi turns on back. What do I have to do?...
  8. Computer turn off while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer turn off while updating: Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down and doesn't start again. I recently bought new power supply and computer never turn off, only while its updating. I did sfc...
  9. Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...: Hi guys, So I recently built a new computer (around three months ago) and since then it's been BSODing usually within 20-30 minutes of starting it up. What is strange to me though is that it when it happens, the next startup of the computer will run completely fine until it...
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...