Windows 10: Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

Discus and support Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This service used lot of disk usage but not make my laptop slow. I just wondering why does sysmain use so much disk usage? Is it fine to turn it off ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

This service used lot of disk usage but not make my laptop slow. I just wondering why does sysmain use so much disk usage? Is it fine to turn it off ? What advantages and disadvantages if i turn it on and turn it off ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Oct 3, 2019

2. SYSMain service terminated

The SysMain service terminated with the following error:

The request is not supported.

Event ID: 7023

Source: Service Control Manager

Can anyone help me understand what this is and how i can fix it.

Stevenduartefreitas, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Oct 3, 2019
  4. HarryG_31 Win User

Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

SysMain Service, Windows 7

Hello,

I have trouble starting the Sysmain service on local computer (Windows 7 pro), it fails with Error 2.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Harry

HarryG_31, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

1. Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ? - Similar Threads - fine turn off

2. Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource: Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resources. How can I fix the issue? Sometimes my computer uses 100 percent of disk because of this 2 tasks when nothing is running. It is making my computer slow. [ATTACH] [IMG]...
  3. service host: local service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    service host: local service: My Lenovo laptop is running slowly because of Service host: local network. Is there any way of removing these to allow the laptop to run more quickly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-service/a2f5e3a9-ee7a-46c3-af1c-c1bf1b06cc12
  4. service host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    service host: I have an issue with 'service host' taking up most of my disk space ,and my pc has been encountering issues ever since 'service host' has been showing up in my task manager in large numbers. What can i do about it ;to free up my disk space. My pc has also been crashing...
  5. Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...: Hi guys, So I recently built a new computer (around three months ago) and since then it's been BSODing usually within 20-30 minutes of starting it up. What is strange to me though is that it when it happens, the next startup of the computer will run completely fine until it...
  6. windows search service is turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows search service is turned off: search performance will be impacted. How do I turn it back on? Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-service-is-turned-off/96286bb5-cb49-4b64-a425-7d31c462b036
  7. Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?: Hello, I run Win 10 Version 1803 build 17134. 165. The Service Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning itself off and when that happens, sharing functionality is broken. I had it set to Automatic, and started it but it kept turning off. I also tried setting it...
  8. Turning Off Services With .reg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Off Services With .reg: I am working on a .reg file to disable all the unwanted services. I need some help though. I do not know the keys to use for the following services and would like some help adding them to my .reg located below. Security Accounts System Event Notification Windows Firewall...
  9. Service Host Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Service Host Updates: *Mad Is anyone else getting a ridiculous number of Service Host Updates? I'm talking about minimum 15 minutes to a full hour, every stinking day, and it's completely locking me off the net! My Disk usage is clocking between 97 and 100% during these Service Host floods, and...
  10. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10: Shawn, Odd... even turned on it shows as Search an not Cortana, like you said in the other thread. I thought maybe it was because you had her off(I should know better a true computer geek like you*Smile would probably be using her). That with Cortana, I found out when I...