Windows 10: Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

Discus and support Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This service used lot of disk usage but not make my laptop slow. I just wondering why does sysmain use so much disk usage? Is it fine to turn it off ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

This service used lot of disk usage but not make my laptop slow. I just wondering why does sysmain use so much disk usage? Is it fine to turn it off ? What advantages and disadvantages if i turn it on and turn it off ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Oct 3, 2019

2. SYSMain service terminated

The SysMain service terminated with the following error:

The request is not supported.

Event ID: 7023

Source: Service Control Manager

Can anyone help me understand what this is and how i can fix it.

Stevenduartefreitas, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Oct 3, 2019
  4. HarryG_31 Win User

Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

SysMain Service, Windows 7

Hello,

I have trouble starting the Sysmain service on local computer (Windows 7 pro), it fails with Error 2.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Harry

HarryG_31, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ?

1. Is it fine to turn off service host sysmain ? - Similar Threads - fine turn off

2. how to turn off service host: network service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off service host: network service?: it's been using 200 mbps for hours now, even though I limited background downloads to 5 mbps and turned off downloads from other pc's because troubleshooting websites said I should. I keep closing it via my task manager, but it keeps popping up. I can't do anything online,...
  3. how to turn off service host: network service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off service host: network service?: it's been using 200 mbps for hours now, even though I limited background downloads to 5 mbps and turned off downloads from other pc's because troubleshooting websites said I should. I keep closing it via my task manager, but it keeps popping up. I can't do anything online,...
  4. how to turn off service host: network service?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is There a way to Reset the Service Host"Sysmain"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is There a way to Reset the Service Host"Sysmain"?: I want to know whether there is a method to reset sysmain or to default as it is causing problems.Thanks in advance for any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-reset-the-service-hostsysmain/11244346-e022-4524-8bc0-425081159c9d
  6. Sysmain service

Sysmain service: In Windows 10, a service called sysmain. I just re-enabled this service. This service has slowed down my computer too much. Should I disable it?What is the efficiency of this service ??...
  7. Service Host: SysMain using high memory.

Service Host: SysMain using high memory.: So Service Host: SysMain is using high ram for some reason 96%. Not only that but other Applications are using higher ram than usual, im not sure what this means. All of this happened out of no where, if you know what this means please let me know. Thank you....
  8. Service Host: SysMain freezing up my computer.

Service Host: SysMain freezing up my computer.: I have had Service Host:SysMain freezing up my computer. I can't even get the task manager to open up. One thing I think Microsoft should do besides fix this problem, is when I want to to open up the Task Manager it had better open up really quick. Anyways this Service...
  9. Service Host SysMain is crippling my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host SysMain is crippling my PC.: Once in awhile, it will randomly max out my RAM (16GB) and disk usage causing everything to slow down and nearly crash. Any fix to this? submitted by /u/12ThePatriotWay87 [link] [comments]...
  10. Service Host: Sysmain using up a lot of my disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: Sysmain using up a lot of my disc: Hi, So as the the title suggests, Sysmain service uses up a lot of my disc while gaming. Especially Fifa 20 and this has been happening quite recently after a Windows update, I guess? I checked for virus and malware. It’s a huge problem as it makes my game lag a lot. Should I...