Windows 10: Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

Discus and support Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YoYoChuck, Nov 16, 2021.

1. YoYoChuck Win User

Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?Can I downgrade to Windows 10 Pro later?Is there any equivalent of macOS TimeMachine backup on Windows so that I can fall back onto Windows 10 Pro if needed?Much appreciate your response. Thank you.Best!

:)

YoYoChuck, Nov 16, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro? - Similar Threads - free upgrade Pro

2. Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro: I currently have a retail version of Windows 10 Professional on my PC which meets all the requirements to install Windows 11 Professional. I downloaded the latest Windows 11 upgrade but I have no idea if it is a Windows 11 Home version or a Windows 11 Professional version. I...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro: I currently have a retail version of Windows 10 Professional on my PC which meets all the requirements to install Windows 11 Professional. I downloaded the latest Windows 11 upgrade but I have no idea if it is a Windows 11 Home version or a Windows 11 Professional version. I...
  4. Upgrade Windows 11 to pro for free

Upgrade Windows 11 to pro for free: I have windows home 11 edition i want to upgrade to windows 11 pro for free is it possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-11-to-pro-for-free/2bfceaba-1f1a-4ba7-9ddd-051d34c68fb3
  5. Upgrade Windows 11 to pro for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 to pro for free: I have windows home 11 edition i want to upgrade to windows 11 pro for free is it possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-11-to-pro-for-free/2bfceaba-1f1a-4ba7-9ddd-051d34c68fb3
  6. windows 11 free upgrade from windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 free upgrade from windows 10 pro: does the free upgrade install windows 11 pro from windows 10 pro or just windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-free-upgrade-from-windows-10-pro/0d7f13bf-c994-46cc-9376-01360d679823
  7. windows 11 free upgrade from windows 10 pro

windows 11 free upgrade from windows 10 pro: does the free upgrade install windows 11 pro from windows 10 pro or just windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-free-upgrade-from-windows-10-pro/0d7f13bf-c994-46cc-9376-01360d679823
  8. windows 11 free upgrade from windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...