Windows 10: Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

Discus and support Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to learn the registry so it is essential I have a good backup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamMerrick1{}, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

I am trying to learn the registry so it is essential I have a good backup.

:)

WilliamMerrick1{}, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Cannot access thumb drive.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What happens when you plug the thumb drive?

Do you receive any error code or error message?

Have you checked it with another thumb drive?

Try removing and reinserting it again.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.

Ensure that all chipset drivers from the device manager(Press Windows + X and select device manager)

are up to date and also run the hardware troubleshooter if the issue still persist.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us if you still face the issue with thumb drive. We are here to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 21, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive

Macrium Interface only lists all available SSD/HDD, not thumb drive so the answer is NO.

All you need is using: 7-Zip, WinZip, Winrar, Untra ISO ... to create a single compressed file then store it somewhere. To put it back to another thumb drive, just unzip it.

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

1. Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive? - Similar Threads - backup registry thumb

2. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  3. Registry Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backups: Based on a lot of Googling and information from this forum I created the below batch file to backup my Windows 10 registry from an elevated cmd prompt. Everything is working perfectly but I have a question on what I'm backing up. Are there other registry hives/locations that...
  4. Formatting a Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Thumb Drive: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I tried to format a thumb drive but when I select File Explorer, all I get is a list of files I've recently opened. I do not see the Thumb Drive. Doesn't matter if I select any files in the Recent Folder, I don't see...
  5. How large should a backup thumb drive be?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How large should a backup thumb drive be?: Hello there, I have an Acer Aspire E5-575 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language 1803. I am facing issues with my laptop after updating to version 1909 and a solution to that problem is shifting back to the default OS version. After consulting an authorized...
  6. backup to usb thumb drives?

backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  7. Registry backup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry backup.: Hi… I'm writing for help; I need to back up my computer registry in Windows 10. In an informative way, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-backup/dd995970-3925-4591-b11b-6d5f49ea968f
  8. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  9. Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive: I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping backup, is it possible. Because windows only recognize the first primary partition of the pendrive. Sorry found the answer in...
  10. thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup registry to thumb drive