Windows 10: Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

Discus and support Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to learn the registry so it is essential I have a good backup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamMerrick1{}, Oct 21, 2018.

1. WilliamMerrick1{} Win User

Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

I am trying to learn the registry so it is essential I have a good backup.

:)

WilliamMerrick1{}, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Joy Kemprai Win User
    Cannot access thumb drive.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What happens when you plug the thumb drive?

Do you receive any error code or error message?

Have you checked it with another thumb drive?

Try removing and reinserting it again.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.

Ensure that all chipset drivers from the device manager(Press Windows + X and select device manager)

are up to date and also run the hardware troubleshooter if the issue still persist.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us if you still face the issue with thumb drive. We are here to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 21, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive

Macrium Interface only lists all available SSD/HDD, not thumb drive so the answer is NO.

All you need is using: 7-Zip, WinZip, Winrar, Untra ISO ... to create a single compressed file then store it somewhere. To put it back to another thumb drive, just unzip it.

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive? - Similar Threads - backup registry thumb

2. Is it necessary to backup the registry?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it necessary to backup the registry?: When I used Windows 7, I used a program called RegBak to backup the registry. You could even restore the registry with it if the system didn't boot. I also found this article, How to restore Registry from its secret backup on Windows 10, but my "secret backup" is empty. I...
  3. Program on cd copy to thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program on cd copy to thumb drive: Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. I have the original microsoft money program on cd. which is copyright protectd. It was loaded onto this laptop 6 years ago when the operating system was windows 7 I believe. I have since upgraded to windows 10. I am...
  4. Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive

Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive: I have a bootable windows installation Thumb Drive. Can Macrium make a backup of this thumb drive so in the event of this thumb drive going faulty, I could make another Thumb drive with the backup image. 34272
  5. Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive: I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping backup, is it possible. Because windows only recognize the first primary partition of the pendrive. Sorry found the answer in...
  6. How to retrieve unallocated on a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to retrieve unallocated on a thumb drive: Hi, I've got 32 GB unallocated space on my 64 GB thumbdrive. Don't ask me how that happened. I've tried Disk Manager to reclaim it, but no luck. Somebody told me Disk Manager hasn't got the functionallity to partition removeable disks. What I want is to repartition the...
  7. locked out of thumb drive

locked out of thumb drive: I have a "disk on key", when plugged into the computer I see it show up as "removable disk" with a letter assigned to it. When I try going into it, I get a pop up window: "please insert a disk into removable disk (f: ).". In short I cannot get any information from the thumb...
  8. thumb drives

thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165
  9. Thumb drive issue (problem)

Thumb drive issue (problem): When I insert my 16 GB Kingston flash drive, many windows pop open, perhaps 10 or so. I reformatted the drive again, closed all the windows, removed and reinserted it, and the same thing happens. Can someone please help. Len 88250
  10. Thumb drive name change

Thumb drive name change: Thumb drive windows 10 will only let me use 11 characters in the name 20321